Agnostic.com

9 11

It appears the cat that adopted me was not spayed. 🙄

Apparently, Roe v Wade and what's left of women's right to choose, doesn't exist for women who care for stray cats that are in need of a right to choose. 😳

I'm in the Bible Belt. 😔

5 clinics. The most jarring was Purdue Small Animal Hospital. "Ma'am! We would NEVER abort life."

😳 OK. I'm from the West Coast. We don't view a spay with fetuses as abortion. We see it as a humane way to control homeless pet population.

I'm now getting ready for kittens. 🙄🙄🙄

Just think....this is the future for women in America if R v W takes another devolution by SCOTUS. 😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope that you are able to place the kittens in good home where they will be spayed or neutered.

Cats can't control their fertility but people, both men and women, can. It has been said these last years the US fertility rate has gone way down. Now it's time to do our bit and get ourselves sterilized. I did years ago. It would interesting to see if the sterilization rates were going up or down since the pandemic. I tried looking for some figures but got a dead end. Still, far more women get sterilized then men which, to me is criminal. Men are cowardly wimps.

@SeaGreenEyez so did you say HI Ho, or ask what's up Ho?

I know more pregnant women right now than I have even known at one time in my 59 years on this planet, and I don't get it. If I were still in the child bearing years right now I would be using 5 kinds on birth control while completely abstaining. Who the heck thinks now is a good time to bring another poor soul into this world??? And why would any pregnant woman refuse the vaccine? I have read that only 25% of woman currently pregnant are vaccinated for covid. Meanwhile, a co-worker of mine says her daughter is trying (without luck) to get pregnant with invitro. Why??????? Thx for letting me rant. 🙂

@SeaGreenEyez I was in my late 40’s what was I thinking (not). Should have done it a lot earlier. My doctors name was dr Wonderly.

PS, my second pregnancy ended in miscarriage and before I could turn around my husband had had a vasectomy. He never complained about going through it either so not all men are wimps.

@MyTVC15 it’s not that bad. It must be a psychological issue with some men.
We once had a lecture from a woman about native history. Hunter gathers understand the issue with overpopulation. More than two could mean infanticide. The men would give themselves a vasectomy using rose thorns.

@JackPedigo ouch! but I bet it was safer and easier than the female equivalent (which it currently is, but some people don't seem to get that).

Not to put a fly in the ointment but the lack of population growth is causing the lack of workers. Covid sped up a process that has long been in the works. Family households have been shrinking in the past couple of generations and as the baby boomers leave the work force (I am at the tail end of the boom) there are not enough people in the next generation to pick up the slack. Of my mother's 6 children only 3 of us had one child each. That was it for her-3 grandchildren. One time it took 4 of us to get my mother to the eye doctor. It was a logistical nightmare and I knew right then I was in trouble 'cuz I only had one.

@MyTVC15 Unfortunately, years ago I heard that and it made me ashamed I was also guilty. Something that was so important had never occurred to me and I should have done it long ago. That guilt forced me to waste no more time.

When I hear about this 'fly' it seems apparent that our economy is more important than the life support system upon which it is based. This is the kind of thinking that got us into this mess. Today, the stock market went down due to the Fed, again saying they will raise interest rates to quell the inflation. Once again, shares in the stock market are more important the average person being able to afford to live. This is how our present system of the economy works and it drastically needs to come to a screeching halt.

@JackPedigo If you are saying you feel guilty, or have felt guilty for not having children-DON'T!. This world is horrible and it is no place to bring a child. IMHO.

@MyTVC15 Just the opposite. After my daughter was born we were extra careful. Then with a new partner, getting pregnant was a major obstacle for her so again lots of precautions. I felt guilty for not having this done sooner. I did not want to have another child. BTW my daughter turned out easy to care for and is doing very well and I am proud of her.

@JackPedigo My daughter was a piece of cake to raise. You reap what you sew. 🙂

Fucking WOW! I realize if many of the people here in eastern WA had their way this place would be more similar to where you live.

If I was King a significant portion of Homo sapiens would be spayed/snipped at puberty.

I couldn't do that by force, but my buddy had an interesting idea: offer men $X to get a reversible vasectomy as young as they're able to consent to it (I think he said $35k, but it would obviously be fluid and need to change by time and location to be effective). The ones that refuse it are far more likely to actually want the children they may create. The ones that don't would have to pay for, and have surgery on their junk again, to have kids, another indicator that they really want the children.

@JeffMurray Why is it that men get the money? Why not pay a woman to get her tubes ties?

@JeffMurray that's a practice that was tried in India many years ago as a way to decrease their birth rate. I don't know if it's still done. You could offer them a free bibul 😅 for a more targeted population 🤣

@silverotter11 I assume it was all based on cost, risk, and reversibility. I would be fine with both though. That way the likelihood that two people sleeping together were both people that refused the money would be even lower.

@Cyklone Not sure what they did in India is really what he was suggesting, so I'm not sure if the success or failure is that program would correlate to what my buddy suggested.

@JeffMurray That seems like a lot of money. And I'm thinking it is unfair cuz, I did not have any unwanted pregnancies and no one reimbursed me for it. In fact, I remember having to pay for the birth control I used. And financially speaking, a vasectomy is its own reward.

@MyTVC15 All birth control should be free. All abortions should be free.

And, in another reply, I already agreed the incentive should be paid to anyone willing to get it done at earliest age of consent.

@JeffMurray Well, here in NH they have new abortion laws and now it is required that a woman has a transvaginal ultrasound before she has an abortion. In case you do not know, that is like getting raped with an object. I did not think a law like that would make it this far north of the Mason-Dixon line, but here it is.

@MyTVC15 Yes, I'm a Certified Radiology Nurse. The laws that are getting passed and sticking are insane.

@JeffMurray Thank you for your service. 🙂

I would count on RvW being totally gutted by Missssssss Amy Barrett and her Dominionist lifestyle.

I'm literally shocked. Here in Oklahoma which is the buckle on the Bible belt they do it but just charge you more when the female is pregnant.

So none of the animal hospitals was willing to spay the cat? Outrageous. Do it yourself.

FIVE clinics? This is beyond outrageous, and also scary af.

I have to say again that you are absolutely an outstanding kitty mom, and she's so lucky that you were there to pick up the pieces of her life after it exploded around her. Thank you.

IMO, it is ludicrous to conflate "'women's right to choose" with animal spaying.

. . .btw, I have no problem with "control homeless pet population".

Also ludicrous to describe "care for stray cats" as "the cat that adopted me".

You take in a female cat and apparently didn't know/find-out if the cat was spayed or already pregnant. Then you attempt to blame "5 clinics/Purdue Small Animal Hospital.

ludicrous/Silly, Random, Fun 😛

Lately you seem very dissimilar from how I remember you.

Ludacris made good bank

A name change to Clueless Fly is in order.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.