Agnostic.com

4 2

This addresses one of the problems I've had with the Fermi Paradox, maybe the best we'll be able to do is a fairly clunky fusion plant that requires tritium (and therefore lithium), I've thought we're closer to the limits of engineering than speculative interstellar pundits assume. Carbon nanotubes or filaments are probably close to the strongest material possible and superconducting magnets are probably close to generating the strongest confinement too. Even 1 or 2% of the speed of light may be the practical limit. My second issue is that endless growth is desirable, hopefully any species technologically that advanced will also see the futility of filling the universe with potentially self destructive experiments.[theness.com]

Buttercup 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

. . . IMO, nothing more than speculation posted on a blog -- not really deserving of Academic/Science.

The big problem is that we are seeing ZERO evidence for alien megastructures. Oh well, the Webb telescope should give us new ways to look for life and civilizations around nearby stars at least. Frankly judging from our race to make Earth uninhabitable so that people already wealthy beyond measure can make even more money argues that intelligent life such as ours is an evolutionary dead end.

Our government now admits to a sighting being a UFO. I agree that it was and that some cannot be explained. None of this means we are witnessing beings from another planet piloting a flying craft.

Mass delusion and instrument failure are well documented phenomena. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and so I'm inclined to assume prosaic explanations rather than metaphysical ones.

No, a cabal of UFO cultists managed to persuade a few gullible people in Congress that the UFO nothingburger was something. I love how they changed the name to UAPs, just like they invented the term UFO decades back to pretend there was something "scientific" to investigate. [skeptoid.com]

The author says with certainty that neither probes nor aliens are here. And yet the Pentagon's report from last June plainly infers aliens are here. The behavior of the military, CIA and FOIA documents show the same. Fermi's paradox and other debunking lore ignores the extensive record of sightings and visitations, in order to stay in the good graces with the granting agencies. The performance characteristics of the vehicles observed clearly demonstrate capabilities well in advance of humans employing known physics.

[agnostic.com]

Still a nothingburger: [theness.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.