Agnostic.com

14 0

Is it true there is life after dead?

Hudson007 3 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is for someone else.

Right now l am in search of life before death. 😁

Funny when people die we say they passed but when rechargeable batteries run out of juice they are said to be dead. Seems like a reversal. People die and batteries 'pass.'

Lovely to see you back here.

I think there is electromagnetic particle existence. Electrons. I would not call it life. Just energy.

Have they ever successfully revived a frozen person? No? I didn't think so.

@barjoe . . . strawman

NO one has EVER argued/claimed the technology currently exists for that capability 'today' for humans (it does for a small number of other life forms).
"Revival" certainly isn't possible for anyone cremated/buried. πŸ˜›

@FearlessFly I think this is a profit making venture. I don't believe anybody will EVER be revived through cryogenics either.

@barjoe
. . . a strawman fallacy nevertheless

. . . and NO one is requiring/asking you to spend your money on it.

@FearlessFly I was assuming you posted this to be satirical. You don't actually believe in this bullshit. Straw man fallacy as opposed to an actual fallacy. We are only here temporarily. No one can cheat death. It's the ultimate insult. I wish that was wrong but it's not.

There's barely life before death...

We will all find out when we die, won't we?

BD66 Level 8 Jan 13, 2022

No…dead is the opposite of alive…so, life comes first followed by death and not the other way around.

That's very true, you know. πŸ™‚

@anglophone ….it’s really quite elementary I’d have thought! 😁

@Marionville Yes, Mr Holmes. (Or, "No shit, Sherlock!" )

@anglophone Just call me Jane (Marple)….not Tarzan’s jungle playmate! πŸ˜…

No, I think it is best to get most of your living done before you die.

Yes. And as the Scots say "Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead".

@anglophone We’re a very perceptive lot! 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿πŸ₯ƒβ—️

If there is, for whatever reason none of them has ever communicated with the living. Since people die all the time with tremendous incentive to contact the people they left behind, the identity of their murderer just for starters, we can safely say there's no evidence for life after death. By the same token, there's never been a reincarnation claim that passed careful scrutiny. On the plus side, some emerging theories of consciousness suggest that consciousness once attained is permanent. Who knows, we'll find out someday. "I don't want to obtain immortality through my art, I want to obtain immortality through not dying." ---WA

Yes, billions of people will continue to live long after I have died.

Smartass, lol. Beat me to it. πŸ˜‰

@Druvius Okay, I consider my wrists duly slapped. ((Hugs)) to you. πŸ™‚

Other people will live after you die. You won't exist anymore tho.

No.

The meaning of the word β€œdead” is:
not living.

skado Level 9 Jan 13, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644968
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.