Agnostic.com

5 1

So it took less time to be disenchanted with Biden than it did Trump. Does this mean that you are collectively becoming more intelligent or just more selfish?

Quinnipiac University poll found that "Just under half of Americans (48 percent) say they think it would be bad for the country if Joe Biden ran for president in 2024, while 37 percent think it would be good for the country."
"A majority of Americans (60 percent) think it would be bad for the country if Donald Trump ran for president in 2024, while 32 percent think it would be good for the country."

So which rabbit will be pulled out of the hat? Biden's approval rating is sinking faster than Trump's did over the same time in office

[poll.qu.edu]

FrayedBear 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What percentage of those knuckle-dragging morons has become disenchanted with Trump? The rest of those stats is directly related to how fucking stupid his base is.

/rant
. . . finally, a credible source (unlike f-ing RT, putins' mouthpiece)
rant/

Inflation can be a 'tough nut' -- pandemic, distribution/shortage problems -- 'too many dollars chasing too few goods'. 😛
Employment is at (near? ) record highs, many record Wall Street numbers. 🙂

Laughed my ass off Fly. I was alerted to the poll through RT so knowing how much it puts your nuts in a knot simply did a search on the origin. The above says the same as RT but as you & many of your countryfolk are blinded by the two letters I've done something different.
Thank you for commenting.
Oh have you seen your inflation figures recently?

@FrayedBear . . . from one of my responses in an earlier post

"Do you think Joe Rogan should be taken off the air as some news Network called for?"
"I don't know of any broadcast media that presents ONLY facts -- and nothing else. Even selection/exclusion of facts shows bias"

I would argue that selection of SOURCE(s) shows bias/non also.
I haven't argued that RT is universally wrong, I would argue their reporting is anathema wrt Critical Thinking.

IMO, the question comes down to policies and court appointments. Do you want someone in office who guts environmental regulations, weakens consumer protections and favors Wall Street over Main Street (i.e., corporate interests over the little guy), and who appoints judges who support these policies and furthermore want to turn back the clock on abortion rights and the separation of church and state? Or, do you prefer the opposite of that?

What has Biden done to ensure that that Covid 19 hasn't done for him?
And has the church & state been separated? Judicial monkeys of different hue appointed? Abortions & infanticide re-approved? Corporate taxed lifted back to 1950 levels?

@FrayedBear No corporate Democrat president in America, like Biden, will ever make serious changes to the structure of power there. That's why the more progressive wing fight against their own party. The Progressives never succeed seriously because they are fighting against their own party as well as the Republicans, and the mainstream media, and class and power interests, and so on and so on. I doubt that you expected Biden to even attempt any serious reforms. I certainly didn't.

@FrayedBear Separation of church & state certainly hasn't been a priority any more for the Democrats than the Republicans. Recently, to mark the one-year anniversary of the Jan 6th Capitol riot, Nancy Pelosi and fellow Democrats hosted a "prayer vigil", and you and I both know how much a failure prayer is. So much for helping the secular community, and all I ever hear from Biden is how his catholic faith helped make him the man he is today.

Environmental protections are largely a joke, since when do ignorant and uncaring (and criminals) folks care about what the laws are? So many of these organizations and large companies continue polluting the environment, and are more than willing to pay hefty fines in order to keep doing their destructive ways. So much for the regulations.

Last I checked abortion is still legal, although heavily restricted in some states. There's still fierce debate on whether or not Roe will actually get overturned as some fear, so not sure what to say on that one. Can't help but think some of the recent attacks on abortion rights are some sort of retribution for some left-leaning states enacting strict gun control measures, but that's another story altogether.

Don't have the time to dive into the taxes part, both of our major political parties are filthy rich and look out for their wealthy buddies, and seldom ever do the right thing by the citizens. Any politician who spends $13 on a pint of "premium" ice cream (cough Nancy Pelosi cough), has no regard for the suffering of the working class who are having difficulty making ends meet, not in my opinion anyways.

Please note my restraint on talking about the pandemic, which to date hasn't been handled any better than the previous Administration. As a bonus, just yesterday Biden got caught in another fib, and I'm sure it won't be his last.

@SpikeTalon & @David1955 I will continue to state that the only good pollies are those dead for 50 or more years. Furthermore I devote very little of my time to politics - the less the better.
As I did many years ago I continue to observe that the only sensible lifestyle is one in the pursuit of hedonism. Now with the increased threat of life termination through covid 19 it is the only thing that makes sense.
So as a long dead friend said "if the tsunami is coming, I'm stuck at sea level without a willing fuck partner then the only answer is to sit on the beach with a bottle or two of Johnny Walker, a firm shaking hand, a clear conscience and drink & masturbate until I'm drowned."

In the meantime I'm trying to stay off the grog, find a mental & physical fuck partner whilst enjoying whatever minor pleasures come my way.

@FrayedBear The last President I would have had any measure of respect for was Kennedy, and sadly he's long gone (gone way before his time at that). I too try not to let politics get me down much, which at times can nearly be impossible given most of those around me constantly bring the topic up.

Good luck on that Richard. That can be a challenge unto itself, but I'm sure most gratifying should you find the right person to share such with.

@SpikeTalon hence why I'm into pet sitting. They are usually grateful & appreciative even if their owners aren't.

@FrayedBear I would love to devote my life to hedonism. If only I had the money. Hedonism doesn't come cheap, you know. In my next life... In a parallel universe maybe ...

@David1955 how does that song go?

Yeah, well Americans always vote against whomever they elected President when their mid term elections are held. With rare exceptions they're as predictable as pavlovian dogs in that sense. It was inevitable that they would turn against Biden, whether he was doing well or badly, and he's a bit lame and so are the people around him, like Harris, and that gutless AG. So, even though the lame democrats are a much better option than the fascist Republicans, Americans will still vote Republican, no matter what Biden has tried to do. The Republicans know this, knowing American pavlovian political predictability, and are just biding their time, waiting to get the chance to play out the final act in the decline and fall of the American Republic. Next time there will be no stopping them. The rest of us in the world need to expect that now.

This. All this.

😂

I'm sick and tired of liars from both major political parties, and it appears more fellow Americans are as well. Time will tell for sure I suppose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644997
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.