Agnostic.com

14 6

Are you turned off by yellow teeth?

It's a turnoff to me. Ugh. I can't imagine kissing that.

Women think: a nice smile = healthy mouth = good kisser.

This is the guy who asked how often I get to Seattle. I suggested he go to the dentist and get his teeth cleaned. And try Crest WHITESTRIPS, 30 minutes. I have been using it for years.

Then I deleted my Bumble membership.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not interested in kissing someone with less-than-perfect teeth! I think that a lot of people can relate to your perspective. Personally, I don't mind kissing someone with less-than-perfect teeth as long as they have good oral hygiene and their mouth smells good. Also, I regularly go to [crowndentalgroup.com.au] and do cleanings to breathe fresh. I think that a lot of people place a lot of importance on a person's smile, but I think that it's more important that a person is friendly and has a good personality. I hope you find someone who you're compatible with and who has a smile that you find irresistible!

I've been going to Dr. Juan for years and he's always been very gentle and professional.

It's missing teeth that repel me ... i imagine my tongue getting stuck in the space ! (ick)

His teeth may not be as yellow as you think. The reflection of the sunlight might make them look more yellow than they really are. I am not sure, just a hypothesis .

Some things can be changed, color of teeth, color and length of hair, including facial hair, etc., even body weight, muscle tone and fashion style. But if a certain style of looks is what you're going for, and that's not what he's even aiming for, then there is no point in pursuing.

My feeling about yellow teeth is that I personally don't feel they're attractive, but it's easily changed if it's important to one or both parties involved. For me, yellow teeth mean tobacco smell, coffee or cola stains, and the probability of bad breath.

I used to whiten my teeth periodically years ago, since I got the crest strips for free, but now I just avoid coffee and tea instead. I'm not looking to impress anyone, so it's all the same to me. As long as I can stand the look of myself in the mirror, I'm not going to worry about the color of my teeth. My teeth are natural colored.

Some of my brides for the weddings I perform have obviously been whitening their teeth for their wedding photos and their teeth are unnaturally blindingly white! To each their own. I wouldn't shame anyone for the color of their teeth.

Yellow stained teeth can usually be cleaned and whitened. Sometimes, discolouration of teeth may be caused by prolonged usuage of certain antibiotics such as tetracyclines which cause permanent discolouration.

Thinking to myself if I met a woman wtih whom I found I had a lot in common and I liked her company, I would not be put off by yellow teeth for it is something that can be fixed. Character and personality are more important considerations and the rest are merely superficial considerations. However, each to their own as the saying goes.

At least he seems to have them all.

I have heard the extreme tooth bleaching can be damaging to the enamel.

@BufftonBeotch

My dentist said Crest WHITESTRIPS are safe. They are not extreme bleaching.

For years I've been using Crest WHITESTRIPS, 30 minutes. Once a week. Coffee turns my teeth gray.

@LiterateHiker Everyone has their own attraction list and it really isn't a matter that is up for argument.

@BufftonBeotch

Also his facial hair would tear my delicate skin. As we get older, our hair gets more wiry.

I prefer a clean-shaven man. During the pandemic, many men have let themselves go. It's called a "pandemic beard."

@LiterateHiker He's also balding if that matters at all to you. He is combing too far from the back of his head.
I don't mind bald at all but comb overs of any kind are a turn off for me.

@BufftonBeotch

Good observation. You're right.

Maybe the white balance is off in his photo.

@itsmedammit

He's outdoors in the sun.

@LiterateHiker That was meant to be in humor, but the photo does have a yellow hue. Even his skin is yellow. But anyway is it ok to post his photo here? I suppose it it not illegal, but it is something I would not feel comfortable doing, unless you could somehow mask his identity (eye strip perhaps).

@itsmedammit

You don't know who he is. I didn't give his name or location.

@LiterateHiker The chance that he would be recognized by someone on here is remote, but not zero.

How would you feel if someone put a picture of you, along with his complaints, on a public site?

IDK, but IF it's his Only issue, then help him and Fix it, No One is Perfect! include me and maybe you 🙂... Or ORDER your desired perfect Boy/Man if there's somewhere to pack

Diaco Level 7 Feb 9, 2022

@Diaco

The only person I can control and change is myself.

@LiterateHiker we can have an effect on each other, we can be each other mirrors, we have to fix each other, especially in emotional/personal relationships

@Diaco

I cannot control or change anyone but myself. I learned that in my 20s.

It's a huge mistake to fall in love expecting to change the other person.

@LiterateHiker I never said to Control someone, but take care, help, try to fix and make your friend/partner better and better for yourself and himself, you know everyone needs to get fixed, every one damaged in some way. I don't think there's any Perfect person out there. Hopefully, I'm wrong and you will find your perfect desired Man soon.

@Diaco

I am tired of meeting moldy leftovers. These guys are divorced for a good reason.

I met over 50 man-children who want a mommy to wait on them. They expected me to do all of the menu planning, cooking, cleanup, laundry, house cleaning, etc. One dinosaur also expected me to do all of the weeding and yard work, plus great sex. I was appalled.

"This is not the 1950s," I replied. "You need to pay a cook, housekeeper and gardener."

@LiterateHiker it's totally understandable, so it's not just about teeth 🙂

Trying to change someone else is being controlling. It hurts relationships. You are saying they are not good enough.

It's much better to see the good in each other and accept each other. Nobody is perfect.

In my profile I wrote:

Loving relationships work best when we add a certain spirit, an attitude of goodwill. I wouldn't know a grudge if it mugged me. I miss the tender touch, laughter, conversation, intimacy, teamwork and fun of a committed, loving relationship.

Smoking more now but enjoying it less?

I wouldn't kiss him because he is a him.
I hope that helps you Kathleen

twill Level 7 Feb 9, 2022

I guess I should limit my green tea intake 😂

@Spongebob

Tea stains teeth more than coffee.

Well, I don't have any teeth so that would turn you off even more, so things can always be worse.

I totally agree with you.

Ewwwww! Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda after every REGULAR brushing will whiten those teeth up in just a few days. For me, that is a hard stop, unless there are some underlying health conditions that would cause it. Even then, eww, sorry, no kisses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.