Agnostic.com

7 3

The Agnostic Treadmill

There are 9 levels of heaven according to Dante. But Agnostic.com has it beat with 10 levels! Does it feel that getting to a higher level in Agnostic.com is actually harder than rising to a higher heavenly sphere in Dante's Paradiso?

Krish55 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I reckon Level 10 is forged from pure unobtanium. 5-6 was a slog. 6-7 is taking forever.

Things really slow down as you progress through the levels. You have to more than double your points each time, so getting from level 6 to level 7 (for example) requires earning more points than it took to get from level 0 (not even a member) to level 6.

Getting from level 7 to level 8 is the first level of HELL. 😉

Agnostic.com levels are harder, cuz Dante's work is fiction. What do I win? ?

Do people treat the levels here as something important? Gamification is hard for me because I see it as silly excess, but I wonder if there are people who treat it as more.

I'm reminded of the Black Mirror episode, "Nosedive."

It's mostly a bit of fun, but you do unlock perks along the journey. Some (such as the ability to private message in the early levels) are a genuine attempt to limit the usefulness of fake and sock puppet accounts on here.

I've seen one individual here start posting all kinds of random stuff just to tip the balance to the next level, so in some cases it can be counterproductive. But for the most part, it's a fun incentive to get the people who are bothered with their score to do the mundane things like up/downvote hashtags that people probably wouldn't bother with otherwise.

@NicoleCadmium Oh yeah, I do recall perks being unlocked. That's a nice touch.

Don't know. Don't read Dante and I don't believe any bullshit about heaven. A place in the sky that is surrounded by walls and has a big gate. It's ancient goat herder mentality.

Neither really.

I don't think about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64995
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.