Agnostic.com

5 9

I often fear about getting in trouble talking with customers at work but I have to tell it like it is. Be as direct and respectful as you can but be aware that people are crazy. My corporation still wants us to have as little verbal discourse as possible. Friday was no exception.

A man came in and wanted his battery checked out so he ends up back by me and my dispatcher. The battery machine is there.The man seems to indicate he is a cop or an ex cop. He starts talking about things today that are on TV. He simply cannot understand why there is so many black people on commercials and so much clamor about LGBTQ and gay people. This should not be allowed he says. They need to do something about them. Then he named a local person who hated cops and said that guy should be killed. I remind him that there are consequences for that. You cannot just do what you want or feel. He told me he even hates interracial marriage and it should not be allowed. My reply to him is that all of this is called diversity and it started when god seemed ignorant of the fact that mankind would one day invent airplanes. I think that went right over his head. Living somewhere on an island alone is about your only escape, I said. That way you don't even watch TV.

His battery is about done and he tells me that this new Superman on TV is gay. He heard that said. I picked it up immediately to say the Superman that had a boyfriend and kissed a guy was in the new comics of Superman. As for the new show "Superman and Lois" it seems that both Clark Kent and Superman need a shave. This goes in with a new look they are trying to culture to sell grooming products. Another show with stars that have that same look is the new "Walker" series.

With all that said and done I'm leaving work to find people in a grocery store parking lot selling products out of their truck, so I take a look. I want a second grease catcher for my new Foreman grill and when I told the lady she immediately replied that they had no tools. Believe it or not, I had the part I needed in my hand and she told me they had no tools.

Working with the public and seeing and hearing things like this daily I drove on home where I have been hiding and hibernating all weekend. I have to because people are crazy!

DenoPenno 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can’t do your job
U are wonderful for not punching him 🙌🙌🙌♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

There are some people who seem to think that it is perfectly normal to inflict their catastrophic personal insecurities on other people.

Most of my work has been as the head of my own company, large, medium and currently small as I came out of early retirement to start this green energy company that is centered around ebikes. I tend to be a bit opinionated and a bit outspoken, plus I tend to say FUCK a lot, so I can get into hot water on occasion but here's the deal (as the current POTUS would probably say) The customer is NOT always right, often they are wrong or misinformed, many times they are just plain ignorant and some of them are essentially retarded, bigoted and sexist assholes.
I will treat them all in a professional manner, I will deflect their hateful speech and deranged comments BUT if they cross the line after being given ample fair warning, then they can go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut and get the fuck out of my business because I don't want that kind of business. I have a 5 star rating btw, people appreciate honesty and decency, I do my best not to disappoint them.

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I answer phones all day for a credit union. I'm speaking to people all over the world, our member base has a connection with the military. So, all sorts of political and religious leanings. I hear "god bless you" all day long. And OMG, the wackdoodlenoodles come out of the wordwork. At one time we took over the credit cards that the NRA was issuing, so yeah, lots of NRA members; those wacked out republican nutbags. I don't engage. Just don't engage. Some do want to draw us into discussion, but all the calls are timed and I'm trying to keep my "average handle time" down, and the calls are recorded. If they get close to the edge of my comfort zone I ask if there is anything else I can do for them and I wrap it up. I like my job, for the first time in years I have a job I like and it pays damn well also for the first time in years. No way do I want to screw this up. I will be polite and I will be bland as vanilla pudding. Just DO NOT engage. They are not worth it. I like the ones who swear at me, I get to hang up on them. I also flip the bird lots of time. I work from home, and I'm sure my team mates do the same thing. Yes, people are f'king cray cray, if I didn't have my kids and my Humanist book club I'd be bonkers, fer sure.

That’s a hard one “ not engage “. Oh man , that’s so hard ! But u are right .

I actually think you may be putting yourself in jeopardy by contradicting these wackos!!!!
How about a simple "I see things a bit (!!!!!) differently & launch into a discussion about the weather lately?
. You are Not going to change their mind in any way & you have No Idea if they are looking for a target!!!

U are right

Right on top of it once again Ann. These asshats are not looking for actual discussion because there is no defending their position. They just want to hear others parrot the same insane bullshit that they want to believe in. And if you do find yourself in a conversation their usual routine deems to be I am louder than you so I am right

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654307
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.