Agnostic.com

6 9

Yes, Vladimir Putin is a killer. Yesterday, I spoke with two other mental health professionals, and the central theme of our conversation was exactly that: Putin and his mental illness.

We all know already that he’s a killer. Putin’s wars have killed thousands of people, many of them his own troops. He did the same thing in Georgia. The same thing in Chechnya. The same thing in Syria. And now he’s doing the same thing in Ukraine. This is a pattern. He is a serial mass murderer. That is a well-established fact that shouldn’t be denied by any rational person.

My shrink friend in Germany (whom I call “Counselor&rdquo😉 said, “No, you don’t understand me. Putin is a killer by nature—it’s a deep part of his psyche. He actually derives a certain kind of satisfaction—actually gratification—from killing people.”

Voila! A light went on in my brain. Yes, the Counselor is exactly correct. Maybe that’s why he’s a PhD+ and I’m only a lowly master’s in psych. I see now that Putin’s illness is just like Son of Sam, Ted Bundy, Jeffry Dahmer, and many more. They love to kill. Except Putin’s psychosis is aided by the fact that he has nuclear weapons, and everybody is afraid of him. And he knows it.

But just like any other bully, most of us know the way to handle him is to stand up to him and then HURT him—bad enough so that he really feels it. At this moment, most of the free countries of the world are against him. And we are hurting him with sanctions and other non-lethal means. And we’re also hurting him with lethal means by sending large amounts of aid to Ukraine.

The bottom line is we need to increase the hurt. And we need to increase the help we are giving to the people in Ukraine. Anybody who gives a lot of thought to this situation should come to the conclusion that Putin will not stop with Ukraine. He is another Hitler, only sicker and more clever.

We can announce to the world that Ukraine is our ally, and we have every right to come to the aid of our ally. And in doing so, we can announce that the legally-elected democratic government of Ukraine has requested our help, and that our help will be limited to operations within borders of Ukraine. Better now than later.

--Eduardo Mitchell

mischl 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By the same measure so is every one of the 46 US Presidents.

Unlike the serial killers mentioned above, Putin prefers to keep his hands clean & delegate his crimes. As Adolf Hitler, he has his sycophants do his dirty work, preferring to keep his distance from the mess. His KGB days have inured him so any conscience he once might have had.

All said and good, but we need to remember this madman has an arsenal of nuclear weapons and none of us would put it past him to use them when cornered. Remember we have our own madman who continues to create problems and who we were worried he would not think twice before pushing the button. I think the world might be waking up to the need to control all the madmen who have nuclear arms. We talk about climate change but this would be the biggest cc of all. A great program on PBS Putin's War II gave a great background of this insane idiot. Some may be able to watch it.
[video.search.yahoo.com]

Not available in Australia.
On pushing the button - he hasn't for 20+ years. In view of @Mischl's post if he is as claimed a psychopath enjoying causing multiple deaths why has he not already done so? There have been many greater provocations & worldwide excuses that he could have used in the last 20+ years. Why is America the only country to have psychopathically used the atom bomb, not once but twice, against fellow humans albeit citizens of a different country?

@FrayedBear Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he won't. Also, when one really studies the history of the Japanese during WWII one can understand how the dropping of the bombs actually saved millions of lives.

@JackPedigo unproven hypothesis by war criminals excusing their inhumane behaviour.

Also look at the deliberate firebombingof German cities at the end of the war just to see how many tens of thousands of civilians would be murdered & how firestorms can be created to burn cities down.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[apjjf.org]

[cs.stanford.edu]

[en.wikipedia.org]

[pophistorydig.com]

Get real Jack.

@FrayedBear I don't need to look at links with their own views to understand this issue. Understanding the Japanese mentality and how they were prepared to die, even knowing they were going to lose, their inhumane treatment for prisoners and on and on. Tokyo had once experienced a fire bombing and if the invasion were to take place it and many other Japanese cities would have to experience this as well and not to mention the thousands of allied troops being killed. This an area we will have to agree to disagree as there is absolutely no doubt in my mind those bombs were necessary. Life on this planet is very hard. We need to get used to it. Reality is learning, without prejudice, and accepting facts not subjective ideas.

@JackPedigo with that belief Jack we would not have progressed but still be living in caves.
If you believe what you are saying, why are so many squealing about Russia's action? The attitude to the unnecessary firebombing is merely pretense that criminality didn't occur.

Russia has a long history of killers who rule and there are enough people who go along openly or go along to just get along that they end up with absolute control. Yes, Putin enjoys killing. What I do not know, if he attacks a nation outside of Ukraine how will the world strike back.

Sarcasm warning: Like the world struck back against the American invasions of other countries over the last 200 years & genocide of first peoples & Africans?

And yet we have so many fifth columnists and useful idiots parroting Putin's propaganda. These people have no compunction against displaying their depravity and moral vacuity. One can only hope that it reflects on their other views that, while they may seem more ambiguous, aren't really.

Agreed....we need to support Ukraine. WE DO NOT NEED TO ENTER ANOTHER WAR!

Supporting Ukraine has the inherent risk of being pulled into war.

When we supported Britain in 1939-1941, we did so by "every means short of war". This didn't stop American-flag vessels from being torpedoed (sometimes mistakenly, but often deliberately) while carrying supplies, something tantamount to war. Today, such an incident could very easily ratchet up.

Hitler was looking very hard to stay out of a war with America (for one thing, he was convinced, by the likes of Henry Ford, that Americans shared his views on persecuting the Jews, and he thought we to some extent had a shared culture). Putin is looking for an excuse to start shit, because he's convinced that the U.S. won't do anything in response. (He also feels very strongly that our culture is the antithesis of Russia's, and we are natural enemies.)

@Paul4747 I’ve said from the beginning that Putin “just started” WWIII. Eventually, he will tire of the ongoing aid to Ukraine and will attack one of us.

@Paul4747 If it were not for the nuclear threat, we would have taken more direct actions to stop this invasion. An invasion created by one person with a history of putting others behind his warped visions of greatness and grandeur.

@JackPedigo Likely, but not for certain. We would still be rightfully reluctant to broaden the war. But I like to think we would be less hesitant for direct aid to be sent in, like planes from Poland.

@JackPedigo

An invasion created by one person with a history of putting others behind his warped visions of greatness and grandeur.

Is this Putin or Trump we're talking about now?

@Paul4747 Problem is, many people with a lot more experience and savvy than we are making critical decisions. I have learned that one who second guesses others, who are professionals in their field, does so at their own risk. Look at all the 'experts' who refuse to wear masks, do social distancing or getting vaccinated because they knew better than the professionals.

@JackPedigo AND...realize too that there are many things going on under radar you and I will never be privvy to....I guess it's easy to be an ''armchair general'', right?

@LucyLoohoo It is easy so long as we understand we are simply armchair observers. This is what we've had to endure for over 2 years with the pandemic. Sooo many fools thinking they knew more than those who devoted their lives to medicine and studying viruses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.