Agnostic.com

3 6

St. Patrick was NOT Irish.

St. Patrick was a real person who is thought to have been born in England, but legend says he was kidnapped by raiders and dumped in Ireland. He finally made it back to England, became a priest, and returned to Ireland to convert the heathens. He was yet another Christian missionary set on ridding the world of the scourge of paganism; in other words, a religious bigot who could not leave people alone to worship as they wished.

Some claim that driving the nonexistent snakes out of Ireland is allegory for driving out Celtic paganism.

It amuses me that so many Protestants who dislike, or even hate, Catholics and the Pope celebrate the day.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People go for any holiday that revolves around drinking! 😁 And leprechaun’s!

Seriously, beer and food, what is not to celebrate about St. Paddy's day? I don't drink beer, but I do like corned beef. I fixed a St. Pat's day dinner for my kids when they were here last week. Corned beef, cabbage, and cheesecake.

@Gwendolyn2018 The kids and grands loved it, I have leftovers for one meal. l'd say that was a hit.

@Gwendolyn2018 I cook because it is cheaper and healthier than eating out. The past years have been hard on my budget, and cooking is a sort of therapy for me. For the past two winters I have been making a pot of soup most weekends, and then I freeze the in individual serving size for consumption during the week for my lunches. I still have at least 2 months, if not three of soups in the freezers. I have quite a variety of soups on hand. It is peace of mind to have a full freezer.

I cooked a crock pot full of corned beef and cabbage just for me. As I have been doing every year since I discovered I liked it!

@Gwendolyn2018 with the right seasoning, my guess would be pretty good. You know they advertise pork as “the other white meat!”, so it should blend. I’ll have to check my recipes, I do a lot of dishes with cabbage.

And when he drove all the snakes out of Ireland, they swam over here to become ReTrumplicans!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.