Agnostic.com

9 4

I just realized one reason why I don't go out to eat fast food. I can't see the menu boards.

There are two reasons. The main one is that with my eyes being so bad seeing far away, I can't read their menu boards. I walk up to the counter, and still I can't read the small print. I used to ask for menus that they should have for people with trouble seeing the boards. None of the restaurants have them. I can't even read our board, even when I'm standing right under it. Unless it's in huge writing or there is a promotion going on, so the board advertisement is in huge letters. It sucks being so nearsighted. Our restaurant doesn't even know where our laminated menus went. I've asked for them for customers, they just disappeared I guess. 😔

Another reason why I won't eat fast food, unless it's for a drink only, I think the food is unhealthy. I know our food is. Except for salads, baked potatoes, and chili. I won't eat out to any fast food restaurant.

Tomorrow, my friends (2 of them) and I are going to a sit-down restaurant. We enjoy talking over food, and not having to eat crap and when the place is packed full of weirdos. I would rather spend some money on better quality, better prepared, and better tasting food. We chose The Olive Garden. My bosses diss that place. I like it. I'm a pasta fan. My bosses said they microwave the food? Idk? I think they just want me to go to Wendy's. Nope.

Sarahroo29 8 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was against fast food for many years but about 3 years ago I decided to break my ban and will let myself indulge if I'm in a hurry or have other reasons I can't cook (it don't have time to do a proper sit down restaurant)

Oh, okay. Cool.

@Sarahroo29 Yeah I basically boycotted all fast food when I was living in CO then started again while living in NYC

@ChrisSearls82 Cool.

I don't eat at chain fast food places. I did restaurant refrigeration repair for over 30 years and only one chain was ever clean, fresh product, not out of date food and happy workers.

Yuck. Fast food chain stores.

I always take someone younger with me.

Cool.

I don't have bad eyes but I had trouble with the menu boards until I figured it out. They have them organized so that all you notice is the combo meals. Last week I had my first McDonalds in about 25 years. It was painful to order at the kiosk, the credit card machine was down (I had wanted to pay cash), I had to wait in two lines. Although the food tasted delicious, half of the chicken patty slid out on the first bite and I was left holding a mostly empty bun. Fuck 'em. Eat your meals with a knife and fork, or chopsticks, or whatever.

I've never seen the kiosks. McDonald's is gross.

Have a good lunch with your friends.

Thanks. 6 pm dinner. I'm going to the gym for 2 hrs tomorrow, then back to Wal-Mart to return 2 things. I bought 2 of the wrong things.

I used to wonder why I was practically crawling up on the counter before ordering. It wasn't to slow dance with the workers, but to read the menu! 😛

Right? I wish I could go behind their counter to read it. I won't eat at my restaurant because I know the menu by heart. The shit I've seen...

All fast food places have the menu on their website. Just use your phone.

Duke Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

That takes time.

But, I get not wanting to eat at fast food places anyway. I rarely do. FYI... Olive Garden is Italian fast food. 😉

@Duke I didn't choose the restaurant this time.

@Sarahroo29 Understood. Actually, Fazoli's has better bread sticks. LOL

@Sarahroo29 Yeah. Reading any menu takes time.

@Duke Yummy.

@Duke I miss the Italian Cream Sodas at the Olive Garden.

My Panamanian friend chose the restaurant.

One of the same reasons I avoid those places too. My eyes don't adjust to the distance. I prefer a hand held menu to one up above my head.

Yay! I'm not the only one!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.