Agnostic.com

10 4

What the world needs is a million unarmed person march on Unraine by volunteers from around the world in the vein of Gandhi and MLK, backed by convoys of private trucks providing food, drink, and tents. The Russians would not dare fire on them support for Putin and the invasion would quickly evaporate.

wordywalt 9 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a silly idea.

The Russians are already exterminating children, hospital patients, people trying to escape and people waiting in line to buy bread. I don't think they would respond to this any differently.

I’m sure the idea is well-intentioned, but this type of naive scheme would be seen by the Russians as further proof of Western weakness and childishness, and an invitation to more aggression. They see the West as a dying tree whose fruit is ripe for the taking.

I think the Russians would fire on them without hesitation.

I am deliberating your rationale. I sense you are mistaken when thinking Putin wouldn’t “dare” anything.. including a nuclear strike if he deemed it necessary.

It pleases Putin to order the slaughter of anybody and everybody that he perceives as standing in his way. This includes unarmed civilians, children and babies. He is fixated with establishing his personal rule over subject peoples as a way of counteracting his own catastrophic insecurities of personality.

He is a mass murderer pure and simple.

Many are already doing that. And Putin is already firing on them.

Bet you a dollar?

Having taken part in two +/- 500,000-people marches jus for one day in the Washington DC vicinity under Bush I for abortion rights, I can assure you that you have No Idea of the logistics of such a thing.....people Would die. Period.

Putin's forces regularly fire on civilians, whether in a hospital, theater basement, breadlines, etc. Recall that Russian forces aided Syria in gassing civilian neighborhoods with Sarin.

I'm not sure Putin wouldn't fire on them. They would be sitting ducks. He enjoys slaughtering people, then sitting back and daring the world to do something about it. It would be a convenience for him.

I agree. As long as we are more concerned about human life and nuclear fallout than he is, then he has the upper hand.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656819
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.