Agnostic.com

4 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When does the soul enter the body? I'm wondering if this would be a natural infusion or if the body would want to keep it out. Then there is the logical breath idea. The baby is a living being and a soul when it draws it's first breath. Ideas do not stay that way because Evangelicals keep changing things.

Saw this. The usual they say it so it must be true crap.

I agree

When I was doing clinic duty, one of my favorite things to say to the anti-abortion protesters was that I didn't give a shit about what their god wants, and I didn't have to. No one did.
I'd get them so riled up, the patients would get right past them, because I was keeping their hate-filled focus on me.
I'd also accuse them of being child abusers when they brought their children with them.

I really miss doing that.

You have a wicked sense of humor!

@TomMcGiverin Thank you!

I might have more respect for them if they had actually read their "manifesto".....oh,wait......naaaaah!

Though ask ANY Faithfool and immediately they will, as I have so tediously and regularly found btw, quite adamantly and loudly proclaim that THEY have read it many times over BUT the crunchers comes when they come out with their usual, " We only read the passages that have any real meaning for us and those as prescribed as 'proper' readings by our Priest.
Try this if you will, pick any Faithfool, then ask them to recite, verbatim, the last 2 verses of the book of revelations WHILST they are standing/sitting in front of you.
The umms, the aaahs, the ohhhs, the stutters and stammers will, at least 99.99% of the time be swiftly followed with comments such as, " We have never read that far," We were never told to read those verses," OR, " I need to make a quick phone call, can I use your bathroom for privacy because I need to check with my Priest, etc, etc.
Take my advice, DENY them that boon immediately and MAKE him/her/ them answer your question alone and unaided BUT always make certain YOU know the answer to your question BEFORE you ask it of them, because the sheer pleasure of watching them and their self-righteousness collapse and crumble when a Godless Heathen cites their holy book back to them when they cannot is well worth it all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657582
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.