Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Will Smith Refused To Leave Oscars After Slap, Academy Says

What A Sense Of Entitlement! He Called Their Bluff. I'm Sure They Had Sufficient Security To Enforce A Trespass. I'm Sure There Were Police Assigned To The Awards Show To Make An Arrest. [shouselaw.com]

barjoe 9 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Will Yanks please stop obsessing about this crap! A smug over valued actor slapped a smart ass stand up of not great worth, and who cares! American obsessiveness with trivia knows no end. More important things in the world -- Ukraine, the crumbling 'democracy' in America for starters.

A slap on the face pales into insignificance when you consider that there were 19.400 homicides in the US in 2021. Of course, homicides are such a regular part of daily life there that they do not attract as much attention as one celebrity slapping another celebrity on the face.

I seriously have a hard time working up a heavy sense of judgment here. From my recollection of his early years in hiphop he was bubblegum to a fault. Schoolly D who was also from Philly had the hardcore image down long before gangsta and East-West turned hiphop into a rough scene. Fresh Prince didn’t go there.

Here’s characteristic more cultivated Will when others courted violence (Biggie and Tupac died):

Ok he and Jazzy Jeff play fought toward the end of the latter. Warning signs of a budding monster? What about the Arsenio show clip?

Yeah the slap heard round the world was unwarranted. It disrupted the overly pretentious Oscars spectacle and turned it into Jerry Springer. Pearls were clutched.

He was a goofball rapper who parlayed that into acting and just now did something kinda stupid, but trivial compared to horrific acts of so many others in hiphop or acting. Bad judgment on his part.

Hip Hop Sucks.

I agree with Stephen Colbert's take on this.
Will's laugh was worse than the punch. Will, instantaneously burst out laughing at the joke, then saw his wife's reaction, then reacted because he was guilty of laughing first-hand.

In my opinion, the slap was violent and unwarranted. That act of violence clouded others' successful moments, their moment of recognition for their efforts.

Chris is a comedian. Even ordinary people make fat jokes, blonde jokes, deaf and dumb jokes etc.

I don't think a deaf and dumb joke would've gone over very well. Marlee Matlin would've slapped him and nobody would've blamed her.

@barjoe all comedians I know had their fare share of jokes on deafness etc even Trevor Noah has. They don't mean it personally.

@TimeOutForMe HUH?

@barjoe oh yes. He was a comedian in South Africa before being on The Daily Show.

I thought it was funny and so apparently did Will, until he looked at his wife and saw she was a bit put off by it. If her alopecia causes her to feel uncomfortable, they make great wigs which she can afford the best. She chose to embrace the disease by shaving her head. Being compared to Demi Moore in a role as a female warrior should have been an honor! Unless she just wears her hair like that for the attention and sympathy. My ex had cancer and repeatedly lost her hair. The last four or five years of her life she wore her hair shaved. I think she would have got the joke. Another friend had alopecia. She wore wigs most of the time because she like to change her entire look (color, length, style), but not because she couldn’t joke about her condition. Will Smith needs anger management classes.

@TimeOutForMe Huh?? Speak up!! It was a deaf joke.

@Barnie2years you are so right in a lot you say. Will certainly needs anger management. Jim Carrey mentioned something on similar lines.

Imo his actions is possibly more about an issue he has within himself than it is about defending his wife. He was triggered in himself. He obviously needs some help in dealing with whatever triggered his response. But he has to own that response.

What we should REALLY be focusing on here
...is the NONSENSE that spewed from Will's mouth about his magic sky daddy... 😊

And how much of that drivel was to distract from his behavior?!

As far as Chris is concerned, he does what he does best - he's a comedian!

That's some bullshit. Just call the police. Fuckin' elites getting away with everything.

For the 1st time in their stupid award ceremony, the Oscars had a :black" production company. That means they provided security. What security? & since race is at the forefront of our nations challenges & discussions, why did not a "black" security organization provide security for a "black" comic. A failure exposed by Will Smith's emotional problem.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658492
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.