Agnostic.com

13 12

Pope begs forgiveness of Indigenous for Canada school abuses
'For the deplorable conduct of those members of the Catholic Church, I ask forgiveness of the Lord,' Francis said.

[religionnews.com]

xenoview 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know this is a minority opinion... I think the Pope sincerely apologized on behalf of the church. What would you suggest that he do instead?

For starters, he could intiate an action into identifying the causes of the RCC's abuse of people instead of blaming it all on his god.

His apologies are nothing more than a PR spin.

Isn't that what they call papal bull?

Or even Papal Bullshit.

Unless and until the Pope removes the causes of abuse within the Roman Catholic Church his "apology" is nothing more than a kick in the teeth to not just the Indigenous community in Canada but also to every other community around the world that the RCC has abused, raped and murdered.

Imo, there is NO chance EVER that that will occur either with Wanky Frankie or any other Protector Of Paedophile Employees ( POPE) run the Scam Show, since they ALL see themselves as being the DIRECT and Elected Descendants of Jesus and hence are Holier than Holy.
How can claim to be both a DIRECT descendant AND an Elected Descendant in the same breath from a mythological person that has never and can NEVER be PROVEN to have existed completely confounds me.

100% correct!

If it were me I'd tell POPE Wanky Frankie to go and take his worthless apology and INSERT it firmly and securely where the sun never shines.
To be 100% HONEST here, IF Wanky Frankie were laying on the roadside dying of thirst I would NOT even consider pissing on his cracked and dried lips.

As usual instead of doing the right thing and going to the civil authorities he does the easy thing.

Sickeningly insincere. The non-existing god may forgive the Catholic Church, but Humanity does not.

Again, Pope I Am Really Good At PR says a worthless apology while making no real amends.

Yep.

I hope if the indigenous people forgive the RCC, they don't forget. I hope they make them pay for what was done to them by the RCC.

This fuckers only sorry he got caught. Cry a river asswad.

Pope expecting the good nature of the oppressed and praying for forgiveness = copout.

I am waiting. The Catholic Church has a long history of lying, covering up etc. The pope may like this distraction as it takes scrutiny off the pedophile issue a bit. He pointed the blame at a few bad people for the issues. He did not address that these "few bad people" were using the catholic playbook on how to obliterate those godless savages. Now, if the church owned up about their pedophile and sexual abuse issues AND how much they helped the Nazis before, during and especially after the second world war, I would have less scepticism.

Fuck forgiveness!
I do not believe in forgiveness.
It's bullshit that let's people off the hook for their shitty actions.

Frankie and his whole stupid organization need to be totally eradicated.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.