Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK In rejecting death row inmate's case, judge says law enforcement isn't a profession : NPR

An Arizona inmate who is mere weeks away from his scheduled execution argued the state's clemency board was unfairly loaded with law enforcement. But a state judge has disagreed, saying that law enforcement does not meet the definition of a "profession."

Earlier this month, the Arizona Supreme Court issued an execution warrant – the first in eight years – for Clarence Wayne Dixon, a 66-year-old prisoner convicted of first-degree murder. But Dixon's attorneys argued Tuesday that the Arizona Board of Clemency, which is set to meet on April 28 to decide whether to stay the execution, is illegally made up of too many members who had careers in law enforcement.

snytiger6 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The death sentence has often been carried out where the guilt was in doubt.

State sponsored murder is what this is. I am against the death penalty.

OK. Then do not profess anything to me about the law if you are a cop.

Law enforcement has become a hyper Militarized force used to protect the wealthy, their corporations, the politicians, the local and federal governments, hence the only use is to enforce overt obstructionist fascist laws and regulations!!!

Not to enforce or observe our US Constitution or the Bill of Rights!!!

The reality is they only protect and serve their owners and themselves!!!

They can kill in cold blooded murder, have implied immunity, fine you for simple infractions that hurt no one or harm no one!!!

Arrest you for unpaid fines as low as $5.00, then jail you by force, beat you up, shoot in the back, then interrogate you for hours, lie to you, deceive you, torture you, then enforce unlawful imprisonment!!!

During the last Bush administration Thom Hartmann talked about the how after 9-11, the police wwere being militarized and a lot of far right extremists were signing up to become poiice officers. That is when the police really started to militarize.

Semantics aside, it sounds like the Board violated its own rules. However, the guy's crime was particularly heinous, so I'm not shedding any tears over him.

Yes, the guy was heinous, but once you start making exceptions to the rules that are there to insure fairness, eventually the line will move to where exceptions will apply to persons who guilt is in doubt.

@snytiger6 Roger dat. But I still don't feel sorry for him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.