Agnostic.com

5 20

LINK Albert Einstein: God is a Product of "Human Weakness" and the Bible 'Primitive Legends' — Curiosmos

Without a reason of a doubt, Albert Einstein is one of the greatest scientific minds to ever live on Earth.

He was one of the most brilliant men on the planet, and it is interesting to see what he thought of God.

We can find his personal view on religion, God, and the Bible in one of the most well-known letters Einstein penned a year before his death in 1954.

In a one-and-a-half-page letter known as ‘Einstein’s God Letter‘ to German philosopher Eric Gutkind, Einstein revealed his view of God.

“The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends,” the letter reads. “No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change anything about this.”

snytiger6 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I too was indoctrinated by the "god manure" at an early age- and beaten on the first day of the week if basically, 'I moved'--- because Sunday was a day of rest-- in some moron's book The shameful part of this is that I still had this acquiesce in adulthood.
It is a fearful point, that in this information age, that such a huge portion of the population, believe in these infantile fairy tales, whether it is cross-related or wearing a rag/turban around the lump '24 hours' of the day.

I was deceived into being a believer at an early age in my life but never again. Too much "god study" has done away with that forever. I still recall sermons where we were told that god could of had robots to worship him but he wanted real people to use their wonderful "free will" to do so. Yes, just because there is a god who allowed you to be here you should worship that god forever and ever. But wait. Why are we worshiping anything? The preacher explains that you might worship your car, or money, or your wife. No, you have to worship god. Well, maybe. I woke up this morning. He did not kill me in my sleep.

In 1,000% agreement with Einstein on that one as with many other things he has researched, etc, etc.

I think our greatest scientific minds didn't think to highly of god. If they did they would have died no bodies.

As long as there’s ignorance, fear and the capability for one to be brainwashed and misled, there will always be religion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.