Agnostic.com

58 3

What are your thoughts on sleeping in the bed with multiple pets?

Example. I once dated a woman that had three cats and the cats were used to sleeping with her. I wasn't very comfortable sleeping at her place. If we closed them out the room they would scratch the door and meow all night. With the bedroom door open they would jump in and out of bed all night.

Shelton 8 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suppose it comes down to the difference between catpeople and dogpeople. 🙂
A cat person will go peacefully to sleep surrounded by their furry friends which are cuddled up around them on the bed, pressing down on the comforter until they are entombed like a mummy and wake up cheerfully to the sight of some cat's daisy only inches from their face.
A dog person is more likely to have a no dogs on the furniture rule that is strictly observed, the very idea of their shaggy pal dragging mud, twigs and ticks onto the furniture and particularly the bed being completely anathema to them. The no cats in the house rule is assumed.
*Hint for dog people in love with cat people, when the little furry bejeezler climbs up on the bed and snuggles around your feet, just grab the edge of the comforter and pull it sharply up over your head which will send the feline flying gracefully through the air in a beautiful arc with a perfect 10 point landing after their dismount. 😉

No, definately not for me

I love dogs and I love holding them and petting them and giving them affection, but I am not a fan of having them in bed. When I visit my brother, his dogs travel from bed to bed. One is a Shih Tzu that weighs like 15 pounds or so, but she loves laying ON your legs. Then she gets mad if you want her to move. I put a stop to that shit as soon as she does it. The other dog is a 150 pound Rottweiler. I love the Rotty to death and she is sweeter and more gentle than the smaller dog, but it's not always fun sleeping next to a 150 pound magnet with claws. Dogs don't actually care about your personal space.

It depends on the dog. One is a gentleman & will "scoot" if he's too close, which isn't often, he pushed me off the bed once as a puppy but got good at giving space. Our girl knows what "spoons" means & will position herself to cuddle if asked.

I wouldn't tolerate a space guarder on the bed tho. That's "furniture jail". Our girl was a space guarder when young, after she figured out being a biotch about human space got her off furniture for 3 month periods she was fine. Be good, or you're off, maybe forever.

At one time I had a girlfriend who had a Yorkie as a pet. He was used to sleeping in her bed when they were at home. When she and dog stayed at my place the dog also slept in our bed. I said NO and she said yes. That was the end of our relationship. Dogs or any pet do not belong in peoples beds. Period.

See ya! ~8D

My animals stay off the bed mostly. I try to get my GSD to sleep in the bed, but she's too anxious to leave the rest of the house unguarded. The pomeranian koda, he can't jump onto the bed cause its too tall but he's not allowed up there because the little inbred has a terrible habit of either pushing me off (he's 4 pounds how the hell) or puking on my bed. I just got a new mattress and he is not allowed up, to protect my mattress. (I also have a mattress protector). The cats are allowed up but they rarely do and if they do they don't stay. They have their own areas they like to sleep

F cats! Gross!

No cats, please. And only clean dogs.

my cats are all elderly. i am not saying they sleep like logs, but they don't do the kitty 500 all night like young'uns do. thing is, one of them wants to be in my arms, then on my head, then back in my arms, and so on, and she is very talkative. another one insists on sleeping on my body. yet another likes my pillow and will occasionally chew on my hair. one of the others sleeps on the far side of the bed and the other one is often in the other room but sometimes comes to snuggle with the one on my pillow, which does keep him from chewing on my hair. the dog sleeps in her doggie bed on the floor.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.