Agnostic.com

3 10

My local furniture maker is making me a 'live edge' coffee table from a rough elm slab. The gaps will be filled with clear resin with a few gold flakes thrown in. it's gonna be great when finished. 🙂

Ryo1 8 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, that coffee table project sounds absolutely fantastic! 😃 The combination of a 'live edge' elm slab with clear resin and those gold flakes is going to make it a real showstopper. It's awesome to hear about the creativity and craftsmanship that goes into making something unique like this.I bet you're really looking forward to the finished piece – it's going to be a standout in your home decor. Thanks for sharing this cool project; it's inspiring to see people getting creative with furniture design!If you ever want to try your hand at adding a personal touch to your furniture, you should check out mod podge fabric to furniture. It's a fun way to customize your pieces and make them uniquely yours.

I have seen these tables…even a counter top. They are stunningly beautiful when finished well.

I chose this elm slab. The grain is beautiful.

sweet.

Thanks for sharing! I've seen a few live-edge coffee tables made from elm slabs, and they always look amazing! I'm sure yours will turn out great with the addition of the clear resin and gold flakes. I can't wait to see it when it's finished! You have to keep us updated by posting some pics. By the way, I recently discovered a new retailer - Modern Furniture (modern-furniture.org). They have a wide variety of furniture to choose from, which is reasonably priced. However, I wonder if anyone of you has heard something about them. I would highly appreciate any review! Cheers!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.