Agnostic.com

22 15

I wrote "Don't blame women for men's bad behavior." Got blocked.

On Facebook, my comment was immediately blocked by the website that posted:

"Ladies, cook good food for your man, wait on him, do what he says, and he will never cheat on you."

I also wrote, "The only person I can change and control is myself."

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, hell.

That whole "treat your man like a king and he will never cheat", is complete bullshit.
Countless women have done that and still been cheated on, abused, and left for other women, and men.

On the other hand, there are plenty of men, who could have been considered ideal partners, who have been treated just as badly.

Shitty behavior is not exclusive to one group of people over another.

Altering one's behavior in order to appease someone else is generally a fool's errand.

I totally agree with you. Anyone who thinks otherwise is likely brainwashed or republican. Good grief. Some men cheat because they're just cheating bastards. It doesn't matter what a woman does.

I was married to one of those guys. The only good that came of the marriage were my two sons and the divorce. 😉

Most failed relationships, not just marriages, started with the false premise. I will change them.

Which is about the hardest thing in the world to do, even for trained therapists, with the full cooperation of the person involved.

Anyone who goes into any relationship thinking "I will change them", is going to cause great disappointment for themselves, and a lot of trauma for the other person.

I've yet to see that particular methodology be successful.

Many failed relationships are the result of unstated and unrealistic expectations that gradually surface in the course of the relationship.

@ASTRALMAX Same thing.

Doesn’t sound like a web site I’d want to be a part of.

"Cook, wait on," etc., sounds like a recipe (unintentional pun!) for teaching a man that women are doormats instead of individuals you can respect. Why not cheat in that case? (Not trying to blame the victim, but the influences that tell her "be a doormat".)

The Snowflake hath spoken, and you-eth did not listen. You-eth show-eth great disrespect. YOU-eth butt hurt-eth his feelings.

twill Level 7 May 17, 2022

Facebook still has me restricted for something I said 2 years ago. Don't take it too personally. A human administrator doesn't look at what you said until you appeal.

Sometimes, not even then.

Actually, I don't think they're even offering appeals anymore.

@KKGator You have a chance, but they don't guarantee a human will look at your appeal:

[facebook.com]

@BD66 Yeah, it doesn't matter.

Unfair. Maybe he's especially frustrated today? Given the extremity of response, not someone you'd want to know anyway.

I got blocked for being “argumentative”. The post was about god.

I did all expected of me . He did next to nothing . His first love was and remained his Mommy . I finally opened my eyes and gave him back to her .. His next wife had to put up with the same crap .

Medieval

bobwjr Level 10 May 17, 2022

They did you a favor by saving you from themselves.

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. 😂

The person that blocked you has numerous defects of personality.

I'd say for the best, you are not going to change the thinking of who ever runs that group.

So "If you are a good slave the master will give you sex? Just you!"

Seems like a website you wouldn't have much interest in anyway. Just sayin'.....

I'm often surprised that several facebook pages I follow for innocuous reasons, local events, etc., will post "helpful tips" for families or couples and they end up being pretty sexist, religious or both. I don't bother to comment, except sometimes when I just can't help myself.

I imagine that was the case here... Wow, what a sexist AND irrational thing to say. A person can be as sweet as honey and be the best caretaker imaginable, but if there isn't that true love bond, it simply may not be enough to not want more with someone else.

Seems to be a quote or a meme someone thought was worth repeating by someone who wasn't using ALL of their brain, or simply furthering a mindset the website is being paid to promote. Good riddance as you "unfollow" that page!

They are usually public so others can see our comments - and that can look bad for the poster, so of course they would possibly delete or hide the comment, but to block is pretty lame. That's how it goes...

Hopefully some people saw your comment and "liked" it in time to make a difference in the posters psyche. I doubt it, but nice to dream!

BTW - I love your reply "Don't blame women for men's bad behavior!" Perfect!

My only thought is "why bother even looking at a website like that?"

And if course the women NEVER cheat on their men...right.

Not germaine. Yes, we all know both men and women cheat. The point here, is that if one disagrees with that site philosophy, one is blocked. The site was inferring that there is justification for cheating. If MEN would be the ones to say, "Don't blame women for men's bad behavior,” perhaps these stereotypes would disappear.

@MsKathleen I know...merely stating the obvious hypocrisy. If they were blocked for "don't blame the women" ... They would surely be blocked for holding a mirror up to their faces.

I wonder how much algorithms play a part. Certain words or phrases might cause the site to view the post/comment as divisive. This is unfair and wrong but it would be better to have these site err on the side of caution than to foster an attitude of 'anything goes.'

At least you knew what caused it.

I was blocked for a week from a group, and they would never even tell me why.

You can always go through the "Facebook appeal process"

[facebook.com]

BD66 Level 8 May 18, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.