Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK Southern Baptist Convention leaders mishandled sexual abuse allegations, report says - CNN

Leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) mishandled allegations of sexual abuse, intimidated victims and their advocates, and resisted attempts at reform over the course of two decades, according to an explosive report released Sunday by a third-party firm.

“Survivors and others who reported abuse were ignored, disbelieved, or met with the constant refrain that the SBC could take no action,” the report found, “even if it meant that convicted molesters continued in ministry with no notice or warning to their current church or congregation.”

snytiger6 9 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm shocked!

Southern evangelical good old boys who hate women. So, what else is new?

It makes me wonder is such people hate women because their own mothers were utterly vile cunts.

@anglophone Very possible.

Welcome to the evil of the unspeakably vile bastards.

I knew catholics could not have exclusivity in sexual abuse!

Fuckin' DUH!!

Unless forced beyond resistance, male-dominated groups of just about any variety have consistently chosen to ignore the existence of sexual abuse.
They stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the "sins" of their brethren, unless they are completely backed into a corner with no escape.

I wonder how Q Anon managed to get Christian churches confused with the federal government. It's pretty obvious where the pedophiles are.

And to think everyone thought this problem was limited to the Catholic priests....

Having been brought up in a conservative protestant faith, I knew for a fact that clergy misconduct was a problem in our church long before I learned of the Catholic priests!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.