Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Google engineer claims AI technology LaMDA is sentient

There were a few instances in the original transcript that it appeared to express the hallmarks of ML parroting, but I struggle to differentiate it from the hallmarks of mindless human parroting all the same. Still amazed at the nuance of its conversational abilities.

An interesting read.

summatyme 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It won't take much intelligence or even clever programming to simulate a human conversation that is better than what most people generate. Once this gets going, people will love having someone to talk to. One curious aspect will be how the program self-tunes itself to the users personality. What features will be attractive to what types of personality? Will narcissists spend all day listening to adoration? Will people become even less tolerant of actual humans?

The way I got it is that the guy was suspended for a time because of his claim. Lots of AI impresses me but they say we have none that is self aware at this time.

The guy's a lunatic

barjoe Level 9 June 13, 2022

Non-biological sentience will be firmly upon us in the next 21 years.
2043 will mark the first centenary of the invention of the first programmable electronic computer by a man called Flowers, who deserves far more fame than he is credited.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]
and
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Petter Level 9 June 13, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.