Agnostic.com

4 1

Is this just a dating website?

Seems that with the need to earn points to do anything, that this website is just for dating, with the added opportunity to make comments about whatever related to this site. If it is mostly for dating that is a shame (not against the dating part, I just expected better.) I see a lot of pictures of individuals with percentages when I log in, and I am guessing that is part of the dating feature? Do I click on a person?

jeffyuu 4 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you can try that.

A little investigation to the wide variety of topics discussed here should tell you the answer to your question. My guess is that most of us ignore the dating aspects and go for the witty, the controversial, politics, etc.

There is no dating aspect to this website. It's basically just Facebook for Atheists. And just like Facebook, we still have religious apologists, we have extreme views on politics, Trumpers, anti-vaxxers, pretty much everything that makes Facebook awful except Mark Zuckerberg and most/all of your family members you don't care for.

Actually, I met up with a lovely, sweet lady from Arizona. We had a rendezvous sort of mid-way. We shared a motel room (though no romance) and had a couple of very fun days together. We didn't have enough chemistry, so went our separate ways. But, it could have been different...

@jeffyuu Oh, I know what it says... I'm here as a result of my coworkers making me a profile because they wanted to find me a gf that wasn't religious. None of us knew then that that's not what goes on here. Sure, you might have an occasional couple form, but that can happen anywhere. If a guy asks a woman out in line at the dry cleaners does that make it a singles bar?

@jeffyuu Dude, I'm not trying to argue with you. I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm telling you the based on the over four and a half years experience I have on this site that it's not a dating site. You can think whatever you'd like, but I don't know why you'd ask the community then argue with them like you know better.

@jeffyuu

The creator of this site said he intended it to be a dating site as well as a site for people to talk about their godless lifestyles, and whatever else they wanted to talk about. There may be a half dozen Trumpers, maybe three antivaxxers, and no Christian apologists who stayed longer than a week, and they were probably just pretending to be apologists because they were soon outed as scammers and sent packing. There are however a few people here who will try to turn anything into an argument if they can.

It's a dating web site?
I honestly didn't know.
If I care is still TBD.

Good evening, how are you? Do you mind if I ask if you are intending to remain single or would you consider dating if someone interesting came along? I hope it's not an inappropriate question. It's not curiosity, it's hopefulness.

@LovinLarge I have self image issues and I'm old and introverted. I honestly plan to live out my life alone, yet I challenge the universe to present a better alternative. Mostly I'm too tired to deal with more activity then work and computer time. However I honestly think two people have to meet to work out chemistry long before a relationship forms. It's not you, I'm this phantom of the opera person when it comes to how I'm aging, I remember my grandmother, a swamp hag for certain, cutting reeds at the river to make her yard broom. Her house had the same kind of yard everyone had in the 1800's in the south that wasn't a plantation owner, no lawn, hard packed earth, if a blade of grass pops up, kill it. Snakes hide in grass. So there's a little insanity here too, my family doesn't suffer from it, I think they really enjoy it.

@Willow_Wisp Thank you for accepting my question in the spirit it was intended and for sharing a piece of yourself with me. What other people mistakenly call "baggage", I call "experience" and I think it is tremendously undervalued. By our age, anyone who isn't experienced hasn't been trying very hard.

I suppose more than anything I just wanted to tell you that I think you have a lot to offer. I admit that I don't know the current circumstances of your life, but I bet you would be good company and a loyal friend. I really like what you said about relationships taking time to develop because that part is critical to me in terms of meaningfulness.

I recall that you're not close to your family so I hope you have or find some other people who feel like family. In my view, not everyone is meant to be in a long term intimate relationship and should the universe not produce compatability for you, from where I sit you are mighty fine on your own.

@LovinLarge BTW thank you, it's the best offer I've had in a decade or so.

@Willow_Wisp Just know that despite just being another character on a website, I believe in you, admire your perseverance and know that you have much to offer anyone lucky enough to get your attention. Please keep on doing what you're doing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.