Agnostic.com

22 5

What saying represents the way you see your world?

I have a few I have used pretty consistently.

Smoke em if you got em

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Be careful what you wish for

How about you?

Akfishlady 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

'Trust but verify.'

No good deed goes unpunished.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

What the fuck.

When a person speaks on behalf of god, I hear a person speaking... (me)

Einstein answering a reporter's question: Dr. Einstein, I see you have a very messy desk and office, have you heard of the expression "a cluttered desk means a cluttered minds" to which he replied: "If that was true, what does that say about organized people that keep a clean and empty desk?".

I would rather have questioned that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Richard Feynman

These day I'm relating to these two
The phone would never have been invented from multiple iterations of the postcard ... (unknown)

Edison did not only invent the light bulb but while trying he also invented several thousands things that are not light bulbs.

Shit happens

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Be the change in the world that you wish to see happen.

‘Mind is material’ is one.
Another: ‘Science doesn’t care what you think of it.’
Yet another: ‘We are all mad here.’

Send in the clowns.

"Do not believe anything, but question only what is worth questioning." -- George Polya

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it. ~ Cathy Hopkins

One phrase I try to live by, very similar to one of yours; 'Don't do something because you have the right to do it, do it because it's the right thing to do.'

“Life is for the living.”

What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a dark twisted sense of humor.

Do to others what you would have them do to you.

Just because it fits doesn't mean you should wear it.

One size does NOT fit all

It is all shades of gray.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

I don't know

You can't steal second if you keep your foot on first.

See it's you again 😮

Oh yes the reason I'm here 🙂

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you clearly don't understand the gravity of the situation 🙂

Go forth and procreate !

@Akfishlady Should be, I am a man ?

Life sucks, and then you die.

@Akfishlady Tis ok, my life is actually pretty good in recent years. I do like the saying though. My mother was into religion LOTS, so good things happen for a reason, Gods will and all. Other people go for karma, suffer now, rewards later etc. Reality is that bad things happen to good people, so you just slog through the bad times. And hope to be ready to take advantage of opportunities that present. I would still love to work in your field though, that is something I just haven't been able to find an opportunity in.

remind me of : life is like a bowl of cherries. It's full of pits.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67615
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.