Agnostic.com

6 12

Isn't it just a little suspicious...

snytiger6 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Demonizing everyone else and glorifying servility.

So, if we make everyone smarter, will that diminish religion?

They have held mankind’s progress back for thousands of years in hopes of maintaining faith in their nonsensical fairytales.

It’s more than suspicious, it’s by design. The clergy have always known that religious faith requires blind obedience and the submission of one’s will. Proverbs says to trust in the Lord with all your heart and not to rely on your own understanding. The New Testament says that unless you have the faith of a little child you won’t get to the kingdom of heaven. Skeptical inquiry, critical thinking and higher education are poison pills for religious faith.

The first story in the holly Babble is about how seeking knowledge lead to he expulsion of human kind from paradise and doomed them to eternal misery, toil and monthly menstruation

@LenHazell53 Excellent point! The fruit of the so-called Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil should be freely available to all, and the very antithesis of what the religious call a “sin.” As we know, the Genesis story is purely allegorical, but was seen even by the New Testament authors as authoritative if not historical. The first error of any religion is to turn allegories and mythical heroes into alleged historical events and actual people.

Duh. It is the oldest scam known to man. The sad part...it works.

Betty Level 8 July 26, 2022

The I in the BITE model is information, when you control a person's Behaviour, Information, Thoughts and Emotions you control them utterly.
Religion has known this from the get go.

They do, in all of my adventures in religion, the xtian elders told me that it was difficult to save an intelligent person.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.