Agnostic.com

3 15

LINK White House visit YLE 07/26/2022

BY: Katelyn Jetelina

This is me at the White House today. New shoes and all. Trying to keep my cool.

I am so overwhelmingly honored and humbled to represent epidemiology, scientific communication, and most importantly this YLE community in conversations about the future of COVID19, monkeypox, and pandemic preparedness in the U.S. and across the globe. I brought all of the lessons YOU taught me so we can better respond as a country.

This YLE journey is something I don’t think I’ll ever be able to fully process: What started off as an email to colleagues morphed into an international community, and landed in the White House 30 months later.

We have gotten so far. But our work is not done.

Love, YLE

HippieChick58 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have a wonderful and productive trip

Buddha Level 8 July 27, 2022

Thank you for representing us.
I wish I had been able to tell you to read "The Biological Time Bomb" before your trip.
Great photo BTW, you're a lot younger then I expected.
I remember October 6, 1967 when we had the funeral of the last hippie, so yea, thought you were like my age, at least.
You could be my daughter.

I am not YLE. She is an MD, mom to small kids, and gorgeous. I OTOH am 64, not slim nor dark haired, my kids are grown with kids and I'm definitely not an MD. I did edit the article, I saw I left off the BY Katelin J.... She writes very clearly and I don't think we can get enough info about the pandemic and other health related materials.

@HippieChick58 OIC! Working long hours, and old, and never good at paying attention anyway. Sorry.

In this instance what does YLE stand for?

As @Garban said, Your Local Epidemiologist. She knows her stuff and I'm glad I found her.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.