Agnostic.com

29 2

Why do most Dr. offices have Fox news on?

I really dislike that they shove that Trump BS down our throats. Every doctor except one plays Fox news. I usually play with my phone in the waiting room. I wish they got rid of the TVs in the offices. They are not needed anymore!

ebdb 7 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always request that the channel be changed. 9 out of 10 times, they will.

And that 10th one...I walk my ass out of there, never to return.
Especially if the receptionist is snarky about it. #truestory

If you want to make sure you make some cash on depressed patients, keep Fox rolling. That'll depress anyone.

Because they are rich and don't like paying taxes.

I think that is the correct answer!

Whenever possible, I change the channel!

I don’t know but I do know that I got the 700 Club turned off for good at my dentist. ?

The gym I go to has Fox News and CNN playing on 2 of their 5 TVs. The far right TV has CNN, and the far left TV has Fox News. It kind of bugs me that it's not the other way around. lol

We A's like things done the correct way, and Fox on the left just is NOT right!
Right?

I hate the TVs in waiting rooms, anyway, but hen I see #FauxNews I tried to move as far away from it as I can. And turn my back on it whenever possible. I had to do the same thing, recently, at a pub, popular with local bikers. As soon as I saw what it was I said, "Fox News!? Seriously!?" and got as far from it as I could, with my back to the screen, saying I get enough propaganda online without having to hear it while I eat!" Nobody said a thing. But, the channel didn't change either. It's sad that SO many have fallen for Roger Ailes' Right-Wing Propaganda News Network. It sickens me. Stupidity and ignorance are destroying this country. Not only that but IGNORANCE is actually valued over education today. #Deplorable

"WAR IS PEACE

"FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

"IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!"

-- George Orwell, '1984'

That is a great question, I see this also. When I walk into a restaurant and they have fox news on, I tend to think the food is lesser quality. I mean if the owner does not know that fox is pure garbage, imagine the ingredients they buy to put in their food. Such as food for thought and there is no thought.

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 29, 2018

Because Fox is the most popular
Is that not a horrendous thought?
Fox is requested most often, so they just leave it there.

I leave it on and debunk it out loud myself

My doctor's office doesn't have a TV but where I go for my car maintenance does and if FOX is on I get the remote and change it. Personally I don't think any news station should be on. How about something innocuous like The Food Channel cor HGTV

When I go to the V.A. for an appointment I swear all the televisions are tuned to fox, even in St Louis. I think it's the only channel available to them.

It used to always be on at the VA in Lebanon PA where I took my dad for appointments. State and federal agencies should not have news stations on, especially when it isntcreally news it is just commentators injecting their personal opinions

My doctor has HGTV on but my doctor is gay.

I regularly ask for Fox News to be turned off while I am waiting. I tell the receptionst that increases my pain level.

I own a television set that I play DVD's on that I get from my public library, I don't have cable TV available on the island I live on and I wouldn't pay for it even if it was available, stopped it back in 1999. I see television news perhaps once a month if I am at a doctor's appointment, having the car serviced or in a pub. It is always mindless pablum, worse than watching sports or listening to elevator music. I would say that FOX News is the worst of the lot but if the attentiveness that most people give to it is any indication then it must be just right for the average schmo's mentality. The weather channel is nice, something useful at least.

It has been just too long and it gets old..... Me personally, I go to see the doctor, not to watch TV. Whatever is on, is their TV, isn't? I find really fascinating that I found a community where I can say I don't give a ratts as about stupid God or something even way harsh than that (Gotta keep it classy, right?) BUT don't I dare to take a side on politics because then things get out of control. My fellow Americans, is time to unite. If you want change then get ready to vote, that is the system. I don't really care if you watch Fox or CNN, or if you are Republican or Democrat. United we stand, divided we fall. If there is an agenda to divide for whatever reason then we are letting them win. If trashing religion help us to unite here then use religion for once in a lifetime for something good. Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

It is basic divid and conquer tactics nobody

by the way, THIS is Nobody

@Davesnothere Ha Terence Hill (and his match Bud Spencer), good times !!!!! Thanks for the memory dude !!!! For such a pair of Italians, those guys were good Americans !! (Spencer is gone, Terence still around.....)

It's true in Central Texas, even in Austin, a bastion of liberalism in Texas. I don't get it.

Damn good question

It could be worse, having obama or his pet clniton shoved down our throats, or shoved where the sun don't shine
I suggest silence, and allow your mind to work .. you don't need fear and hate

moxy Level 4 Apr 27, 2018

You should take your own advice.

Trying to elevate people’s blood pressure?

To try to help you help them pay off their medical school debt 😟

I would change doctors. Find one that isn't a zombie...

the doctors you see

Because Fox News fans are sick, sick, sick!!

Either way you lean politically it's going to agitate your system.
Helps with diagnosis & treatment.

well you do live in semi rural PA

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67980
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.