Agnostic.com

9 2

Admin has asked me... about new ads for Agnostic.com

So, I gave Admin some feedback about the Agnostic.com ad of Facebook.

I said heading it with, "Do you believe in magic?", and a cartoon of Jesus with Satan (with animal legs), was possibly not the best way to go.

I said it looked like another group trying to slay everyone else, which could put off people who are genuinely asking questions but are tired of this group attacked that group, and vice versa.

Admin admitted it was thought of quickly, posted in between coding the site, and has specifically ask me to post, asking for suggestions on what ads for Agnostic.com should look like.

It's a great opportunity to have a say team, so have at it; what are your thoughts?

Kreig 7 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What ever we put out should reflect that all are welcome here. Even believers, so long as they understand that their thoughts and ideas will be respectfully challenged by the group.

Just saw the ad with the satyr devil v jesus and all the split pea reactions to it on FB in sponsored ad.
I joined this site to maybe get to know or meet other atheists, make friends have an escape from my FB community which I have to censor myself on constantly.
The "do you believe in magic" approach struck me as adversarial and a potential challenge for some.
It seems to me if this site wants to attract more members the dating angle needs to be fostered and addressed as far as making this a meeting friendly format, which tbh for me is lacking thus far. #1 being the awkward private messaging system.

Rights to an oppinion are granted here. You got to keep it clean though. I like you candor. Personally speaking. I'm just wanting to have fun and learn from others. I don't know about dating on here. It may be possible to make a connection. Maybe long distance. But hey, its different and fun. I love my new friends on here. Bump heads with a few, but nothing that would hurt me. It's just an opinion. Have fun my friend. People will come to accept you and your feed back if you respect theirs.

Thanks everyone for this as it really helps! Hopefully, we'll have a new batch of ads that have the right tone soon. I'll be meeting with a graphics person on Monday to start cranking.

As the holidays are stressful for us non-believers, any ideas for holiday themed banner ads?

Admin Level 9 Dec 8, 2017

Where people can meet real people

The AA for the mind

Take a walk on the brightside

Forward through the fog with a flashlight

Like the seven dwarfs, always into something

We seem to be a fairly intelligent group, so maybe something with Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, or someone.

Maybe

Are You A Freethinker? With a picture of Plato contemplating?

I would have used the promotional link found here [agnostic.com] on Facebook, but the preview that Facebook showed me of it I think might have upset many of my friends.

"Meet other Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists and other happy godless people - all for free!"

Mainly, the use of "godless" is rather negative. Maybe "non-theistic" instead? Also, the use of "other" twice in that sentence is a bit odd.

@silvereyes I like this: "we believe in people..."

We are somewhat more knowledgeable and advised then the public. They don't care to listen to the facts. I suggest just a social gathering of everyday people relaxing while listening to a speaker. That's the look... normal people. Nothing more magical then that. Pictures of people without the dirty look. A simple picture. The caption states we're not afraid. Then others will ask why. Then the research facts will be slowly presented. Ok my brother. Here's my take on this.

I would be concerned that , depending where advertised, you may attract a lot of trolls.. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.