Agnostic.com

26 10

So...I have a question? If Jesus’ death happened only two thousand years ago, what happened to anybody born before his time. Neanderthals included?

So if according to the Bible text, earth is approximately six thousand years old, but the real answer, according to fact and science, the earth is somewhere between 4.54 billion with an error range of 50 million years old. So this means all this was before Jesus’ time and obviously the earlier humans called Neanderthals would have not known anything about Yahweh nor Jesus, so does this mean those innocent archaic humans that went extinct 40,000 years ago went to hell since God was just always here? Just a funny and sarcastic question. We all know Yahweh didn’t believe in forgiving unless it involved a bloody, burnt offering sacrifice before he got himself born to a virgin to sacrifice himself to himself. Feel free to have fun with your answers.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What I get from the bible is that the idea of the resurrection, heaven and hell, was well in place before Jesus got here. If so, what was all that stuff about Jesus anyway? They already had forgiveness and eternal life. How can the death and resurrection of Jesus bring about something that had already been in existence for 400 years since they borrowed it from the Persians. Judgment day is going to be lots of fun because it's going to turn into a real clustrefuck under cross examination.

They're all goin' ta' hell!!!!! Heeeeeelllllll, i say!!!!!!!!!!!! They're gonna buuuuuurn in the fires 'a the damned fer aaaaaallllll eternity!!!!!!!!

Lol

Just another hole in their logic. Like how can the millions year old light from distant stars have existed before their creation story?

There are actually different beliefs about what happened to those who lived before Jesus allegedly did. One claim is that he went to hell to reclaim the souls of the righteous who died before he came to grant them salvation. I guess to be consistent in their doctrine this would've had to have occurred after the crucifiction. (Yes, I spell it crucifiction, to differentiate between it and all of the actual crucifixions which have happened.) Maybe it was during his three day sabbatical from earth.

JimG Level 8 Dec 6, 2017

Is it me or does it seem like these people try to do everything they can to make since of this B.S, even by pulling illogical answers out of their a**?

Exactly, there is a whole field of study devoted to trying to explain biblical bullshit. It's called apologetics. There's also a Jewish tradition of finding alternative meanings and explanations for shortcomings in the Torah (alternative-alternative facts, I guess). The Jewish tradition is known as midrash.

That is an easy answer they got to chose what they thought of. If they wanted to follow a discipline with out being force into it by a church. To boot they invented hundreds of deities to choose to waste their time on.

Randy is going to be angry about this.

Oh, you're not keeping up with the latest bullshit. A lot of the believers think that God created the universe to "look" as if it is billions of years old. This, of course, is to screw with the faith of the doubters who already have an idea that things are not as they they are being told.

That's the free thinker part of you... good question.

Well...Many Christians say that if one has not "heard the word of the Lord" then they are "exonerated" from going to hell for not believing. That begs the question, so was Jesus a sadistic SOB for coming down and "spreading the word" so people could burn for eternity?

I pose that question every time one the 'Faithfools' sets about preaching on some of the Facebook sites I visit.
It'd take more time and writing that I'm prepared to waste to list out those lame, worn out old 'apologetic' reasons/excuses that they roll out endlessly.
But the most USUAL one I get gives me a bloody huge belly laugh, "You'll burn in Hell if you don't believe in god or if you question anything about god."
To which I simply reply, "You've been throwing that one about for the best part of 2,000 years, don't you think it's about time you got a new one?"

You go girl!!! Keep on thinking and asking all the important questions.

Thank you.

I think they lived a happier life than if they'd been encumbered by religious BS 😉

Lol how I envy them.

According to the bible, Adam and Eve were the first humans.

Then we all descended from Adam and Eve into sin, who never exjsted, according to Richard Dawkins and scientist.

It's all BS, the bible/Adam/Eve.

I believe their bodies were consumed) and decayed and reentered the food chain. The great circle of life in Simba's world. Christians probably think they are still burning being tortured in hell because they must have a sadistic love for that sort of thing

it's a matter of perspective

God, centered outside of time, has crafted reality like this; he directs us AS we choose. These two things happen SIMULTANEOUSLY, a phenomenon that elicits a jump to a higher, innate ability to perceive how things really are without the usual requirement of empirical proofs.

Ever read a book called, "Sapiens"? According to the author, there were "at least" six different species of man walking the earth 100,000 years ago, of which we are just one... homo sapiens.

All of recorded history has been in the last 10,000-15,000 years, so no one knows what happened to all the "other species" of man who lived before that. My own belief is that we killed them off with our superior ability to think in the abstract, and with our superior ability to communicate with our own kind and over-throw all the others.

( After all, they didn't have the internet and we did! ha, ha)

RA

If God is omniscient (all knowing) and knows what we will do before we do it, then do we have free will? Aren't we already damned before we are even born? And what would be the point of putting us through this test if he is just going to toss us in hell anyway?
But maybe, just maybe God is not omniscient after all. Then he is not the God of Abraham! This logic proves the bible is b.s.

If God is omniscient (all knowing) and knows what we will do before we do it, then do we have free will? Aren't we already damned before we are even born? And what would be the point of putting us through this test if he is just going to toss us in hell anyway?
But maybe, just maybe God is not omniscient after all. Then he is not the God of Abraham! This logic proves the bible is b.s.

they died and were put on a holding cell in purgatory.... they will have to pass a heaven citizenship test and then will be requalified as hell or heaven material until the expansion of heaven program is completed. Communism messed things up more before forced hell to be expanded too and with the unions the expansion of hell has slowed down a lot. Thus the delay of jesus return to earth... too much upgrades not completed on time. There is the 'heaven dreamers in purgatory program but is not well managed. Why you asked the question? ...I was fine before now I am researching when the rapture is due!!!! no good, no good!!!! Good Question!!!

Jesus never entered their conscious brains, but humans 40,000 years ago had some kind of ability to have abstract thought, and formulated theories about the reasons behind phenomona. (Inventing a “god” for what caused lightening strikes or thunder, for instance, or conceptualizing another realm of existance for which the dead go to. (After life) So they most likely had their own dogma that explained things they couldn’t understand. Arguably, having this ability could have been beneficial to survival by easing one’s mind in terms of the unexplainable by supplying it with an explainer.(god) The non-anxious mind would go on to be better fighters, and survivors and reproducers.

Tell that to someone who thinks that Jesus is the only way to get to heaven.

In Dante 's inferno, only great men like: Socrates, Plato, Julius Caesar, and such are in limbo. This is because the did not know about god.

Same thing that happened to everyone born since -- they lived, they died, they don't exist -- I think.

I think questions like this are silly. Not the questioner. Agnostics and Atheists waste a huge amount of time trying to discredit the validity of the Old and New Testaments. Why? You actually give the religious texts more importance than they deserve by fighting against them so fervently. Ignore them and just press on with your life. Hasn't the whole thing taken too much of your time already? Why give it more?

I recently had a fall out with a friend of the family just recently during a get together and she kept pushing so I gave her some.

No humans are in heaven or hell. Well, there are one or two in heaven, but that's it. Hell is only populated by Lucifer and his angels. All humans lie dead and decaying in the ground until the rapture. No humans are condemned to an eternity in hell or allowed into heaven until they have been judged before God. The dead shall be risen bodily from their graves and called to answer for they're sins. And since that haven't happened yet, no one is in heaven or hell. All people are still waiting to be judged.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.