Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Feds Reportedly Preparing Antitrust Suit Against Apple

Good. It's about time someone took action against Apple for it's practices and behaviour.

Full disclosure: I was a long time Apple enthusiast, from the 80s in fact. Now I own nothing of Apple's, and that's permanent. As to why, that's a long story, but bottom line: this company needs to be cut down to size.

I like to think that Apple wouldn't have lost its core if Jobs were still around, but who knows.

David1955 8 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the main sources of societal corruption (abuse of power) comes from abuse of monopoly power. Apple wouldn't be my first pick for targeting abusive monopolies, but let's see what DOJ has to say. Or, is this a politically motivated prosecution?

I doubt it's political. Apple execs kiss ass to US politicians all the time, even Trump. No, I rather think it's Apple's increasingly anti competitive monopolistic ethically questionable behaviour, a reflection of the ethical vacuum bean counting supply chain manager who now runs Apple, intent of turning it into another Disney, or taking over or merging with Disney. True technical innovation no longer resides at Apple, and hasn't since 2011 when Jobs died. Since then it's been iPhone models to 250, ipad models to 670, and let's not forget the wondrous iwatch for the worshipping faithful, not to mention the occasional thinly slicked up imacs with little or no real change under the bonnet. No problem: the faithful are plenty ready and willing to fork over good money after bad.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.