Agnostic.com

5 15

LINK Former dean of Christian boarding school charged with abducting teen

The former dean of Agape Boarding School in Missouri conspired with a California woman to have her son handcuffed and transported over 24 hours to that school, according to a recently unsealed federal indictment. The two people now charged with crimes face up to five years in prison and/or a $250,000 fine.

On Tuesday, U.S. Attorney Phillip A. Talbert announced that the man and woman in question had been arrested for the alleged crime.

The woman is 35-year-old Shana Gaviola. About two years ago, her son began living with a different family and demanded emancipation. He wanted a legal separation from his parents. He accused Gaviola of domestic abuse and obtained an order of protection to keep her away from him. She was legally forbidden from interacting with him or from taking away his phone.

The man is 41-year-old Julio Sandoval. He used to be the dean of Agape Boarding School in Missouri but has since transferred to Lighthouse Christian Academy in the same state. He also manages a business called Safe, Sound Secure Youth Ministries, which is essentially a service that takes kids against their will to Christian schools or treatment centers with the approval of their parents. (“The transport is the first phase of this amazing journey called ‘change’,” Sandoval writes on the website.) ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christians doing illegal activities..."in the name of Gawd"...there's a BIG FUCKING SURPRISE 😂

Sandoval is the one that needs deprogramming and 'change'. Hopefully he'll get it in the showers.

Damn right!!

Hopefully the ones that read “ARBEIT MACHT FREI” if ya know what I mean.

I don't see where the article mentions the teen's actual age. Is he old enough to qualify for emancipation? Not that what his mother and her hired gun did is excusable. just for starters, 24 hours in handcuffs would be a painful ordeal. But there is a whole back story that is missing here. It's not good reporting.

Well this story, while unsurprising, leaves me a bit.. agape. 😂

But all kidding aside.. wtf???🙄🙄🙄

As much as I oppose the death penalty……as well as once a huge supporter of it, heinous, unspeakable crimes and / or acts should always be considered…….especially if the offender(s) have a persistent criminal history as well as criminal convictions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:684648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.