Agnostic.com

4 21

LINK 31,000-year-old skeleton found in Indonesia exhibits earliest known amputation, new study suggests - Washington Times

Sort of blows up that whole Jesus thing. 😜 Some 25,000 years ago people were successfully doing and living through surgical amputations.

I'm far more impressed by this than I am that some dude allegedly turned water into wine. 🍷🍷🍷

SeaGreenEyez 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I forget if was the Aztecs, the Mayans or the Incas or all of them, who were practicing successful brain surgeries, before the Spanish came and destroyed all their books in the name of Christianity. I do know tht Cortez recorded that the Aztecs had lights at night without fire or heat, but that technology was lost with the invasion.

In Europe and the Middle East, Chritians destroyed 97-99% of science books.

The Indonesians didn't have a written language 30,000 years ago, but chances are if they recorded what they were doing, when Christians arrived, they would have most likely destroyed the records.

Other technologies that have been lost to the ages, in many cases due to efforts to keep teh technologies secret, are how they did stone work during the bronze age, without metal tools, as bronzes won't work stone, Greek fire, Damascus steel and how ancients charted stars and planters so accurately.

Lots of technology and knowledge has been lost to the ages, much of which we have never manages to duplicate or rediscover.

The water into wine trick is good in ares that have a not so good water supply. 🙂

There is evidence that Homo ergaster, a hominid species that lived around 1.5 million years ago in the Horn of Africa, cared for kin or individuals in the clan who were sick or injured. It's in our DNA.

In the days of my mis-spent youth, I helped turn water into moonshine. Does that make me a prophet?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.