Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Abortion 'Is Not a States' Rights Issue'

(They overturned Roe saying it was a state issue, but now that Roe is overturned, republicans are strategically trying to make it a national issue to expands bans nationwide. Very hypocritical of them.)

Sen. Lindsey Graham said that abortion was "not a states' rights issue," just weeks after expressing that individual states "should decide the issue of abortion."

While speaking with panelists on the Fox News program "Fox & Friends," on Monday night, the South Carolina Republican remarked on his proposed national abortion ban, which would bar the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The proposal has attracted some opposition from fellow GOP lawmakers, who maintain that the issue is best left to the states.

"This is not a states' rights issue. This is a human right issue," Graham said on Monday. "At 15 weeks, a baby sucks his thumb, at 20 weeks you are encouraged to sing to a child. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The senator likes to make enemies on a regular basis, but still expects to reelected when his term expires.

They only use the "states' rights" excuse when it's something they don't want the federal government to do. When they get a chance to force their views on everyone via federal law, they don't give two shits about states' rights.

dkp93 Level 8 Sep 21, 2022

And they don't really give two shits about abortion. It is just a political tool for them.

He wants to limit abortion to 15 weeks which is reasonable unlike the Democraps who favor aborting and killing full term babies just like they do in North Korea and China.

I've only seen those claims are fir right wing and conspiracy web sites. I've never seen a legitimate journalistic news source have a story or make that claim... because it's propaganda, and has no factual basis.

The democrat primary line about abortion is they want it to be "legal, safe and rare."

I was raised in a conservative republican home, and even then the view was that the primary concern is ALWAYS the life of the mother first. As I got older and became more liberal, and I learned it ia always more dangerous for a mother to carry a pregnancy full term than it is to get an abortion, it was clear to me that that added risk to the mother's life to carry full term should always be up to the woman who is pregnant. The government has no right to step in and force that additional risk to her life, no matter how small on her, because that infringers on her personal right to life and her personal freedom(s). So, I side with the democrats on this issue, as I too think abortion should be safe, legal and rare.

Rare, means good sexual education and gull access to contraception(s), so few unwanted pregnancies occur in the first place.

He's trying to motivate religious nuts to vote in the midterms. He knows it's currently has zero chance to pass. He is trying to do something different than being trump's sycophant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.