Agnostic.com

24 4

How do you use this site in relation to dating?

The Facebook ad for Agnostic.com seems to be taken as advertising a dating site for non-believers, but in practice the site seems more geared toward fostering a community, with a dating application tacked on the side. However, this is just my own experience. I'm not much of an online dating person, and I have more interest in netting opinions from other users.

What has been your experience with the site?

• 9 votes
  • 19 votes
  • 32 votes
Sheitelhau 5 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's a refreshing approach. I'm sick of "Swipe left or swipe right on a photo, based on whether it gives you a fuzzy feeling in your knickers" type dating. Here's a site where you actually get a chance to develop friendships, and then see if they blossom into more.

I see it first and foremost for the community, using the dating side as more of an 'eggs in baskets' thing. But it's good to see a site blending the two. The only thing I'm aware of that comes close is tvChix, which has active chat rooms and forums, including a forum for people seeking relationships. Probably my second longest relationship ever was through that site.

The site is less than a year old still. Perhaps in another year or so the membership will have grown to make the dating side of the site a more workable tool for meeting people.

Yes I agree with you. I enjoy the discussions and if I meet someone that would just be icing on the cake

I'd like to use it for dating, but I think all the lesbians are hiding....

I’m here for community mainly, but connections can happen even when you’re not actively looking and by seemingly random chance. Those surprise connections without the ‘i’m available’ identifiable label attached are the best.

I don't use it for dating, not saying I wouldn't but there isn't anybody that's not at the end of a ferry and a drive. I live on an Island btw 🙂

Interesting people, opinions, humor....
really just another group with less drama, trolling, etc., and like other groups, if someone cliks - there ya go.

We have a great community and some of us have dated. Look for the stars if you are here for dating.

One way or another, we all are looking for a date or make friends as a minimum. It's human nature

For the most part, I'm here for the community, although I have crossed paths with some intelligent and interesting women on here.

I was on pof but was disillusioned. So I saw this one and here I am. Not found anyone here but after I quit pof I found someone from that site. We've met once but have continued to communicate. Wish me luck

I joined for dating, got a couple of dates, neither panned out, but I'm no longer looking, for now, at least. Also, I think I've dated everyone compatible locally, unless new members arrive.

I use this site to remind myself daily of how dearly glad I am to have retired from the mating-dating-copulating game.

J/K. OK, half-kidding.

Firstly, I accept that I'm both younger than most members and secondly, that I'm not American, meaning that I'm highly unlikely to find any compatible partners on here. But, that being said, I am open to a relationship, on the off chance that someone comes along. But yeah, mostly it's just the community.

I'd love to meet local non-believers. Even better to find a romantic relationship. Hell, I'd be happy just finding someone to chat dirty and trade pics with. Don't judge. We all have our little kinks. 🙂

But I love the community here.

Rather be here for the Community than find a date which is almost impossible and time consuming!

I'm only here for community.

I actually considered changing that, but there are no active members near me, and I haven't made any contacts.

JimG Level 8 Apr 29, 2018

Same as you.

I am looking for dating and involve in discussion too with like minded partners

Rosh Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

This community is enlightening, educated, dedicated, friendly, fun, comfortable, has a wide range of interests, lots of good advice and can be downright silly.
Like all sites there are some here who take things to the extreme, sort of a "If you don't agree with me then you are an enemy." type mentality in my opinion. I can either block them or ignore them.
Overall this site is great, I enjoy logging on and cyber-visiting with the people here.

Honestly theres been only a few gals Id be interested in so far. Im not serious enough about trying to find anyone right now to put any real effort into it though.

Maybe the site needs to exist for a bit longer for there to be enough members to make it a successful dating site. The members seem to be a bit thinly spread at the moment. It is certainly a good community site for having conversations with like-minded people.

Originally for dating, but the community aspect seems to be working out a lot better than I thought.

This site is open and free!

All the pay for dating sites, distance seems to rear it little head and compatibility is always an issue!

At least here you are not being separated from your money and given nothing in return for your efforts!

Have not met any one from here!

Who knows!

LOL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.