Agnostic.com

13 13

LINK Pennsylvania district rejects Satanists' $578 donation for school supplies

A donation by Satanists to the Northern York County School District in Pennsylvania to help purchase school supplies for kids was rejected by the superintendent, who told them to donate the money to a Christian organization instead.

It’s utter stupidity from a district official who seems to think donations from The Satanic Temple are somehow tainted.

All of this began last month. It’s no secret that Christian churches frequently rent out space at public schools in order to hold services on weekends. That’s perfectly legal as long as they’re paying the rental fee and obeying district rules. Under those same guidelines, The Satanic Temple held a fundraising event last month at Northern York High School in Pennsylvania.

While the school board’s decision to approve the rental was followed by a lengthier explanation that they were just following the law, the event itself wasn’t controversial. In fact, it was family friendly: ...

snytiger6 9 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a complex issue when accepting donations from different sources. BTW, I recently read about a charity founded by Denise Coates that made a big earner despite cutting down donations by 3M. It's intriguing to see the various factors that come into play in charitable giving. Keep the discussions going!

People have so many prejudices. I think the administration there is made up of idiots if they didn't accept this sincere donation. Money is money. Nothing more.

Quite an interesting topic for conversation. I mean Satanism. If you think it's a sect or a religion, then you're wrong. As far as I know, Satanism is a philosophy. These guys have a lot of interesting rules about their pride. Perhaps Christians will call it too selfish a rules. Or they will think that any mention of Satan is sinful. But in some ways, these Satanists are very diligent and correct people, unobtrusive and tactful. I'd accept a donation from them. I also try to donate my things to charity, old devices like phones. I even want to donate a car. I found a service where you can donate a car, and it will be given to charity.

I thought the Satanists would have donated $666.

I don't think satanists are as "in your face" as most Christians are...

What about the monies and supplies donated by wealthy and corporations that have felony convictions???

Big Pharma (Who I call the business of disease) because of their brainwashing and manipulative commercials promoting dangerous chemicals which in many cases are extremely harmful even when used properly, are just as bad, if not worse than illegal street drugs, are by far the worst, with big oil, the multinational food conglomerates, and the insurance industries right along side.

They will collect all kinds of money from large corporations, which is far more dangerous and evil than Satanists.

Does this mean that Christians and the like think that all money previously handled by Satanists is so tainted as to be untouchable?
Does this mean that they could be handling tainted money every day without knowing it.?
At what point does owning money which may tainted affect ones chances of getting into heaven?
Oh My Goodness! Life is so full of mysteries isn't it?
How does a body cope?

Um, are Christians capable of thinking? 😉

@anglophone Mostly brainwashed into submission.

I would donate a boot for the insertion into a certain orifice of the people who made that choice, but I have the feeling that orifice probably squeaks when they produce flatus.

The physical money isn't tainted...

The donation most likely wasn't even made in cash...

Yet those cretins are doubtless happy to accept donations from those who worship the blood god of the Buy Bull! 😟

Assholes…..crumbskulls.

You know, it is well documented that the Romans stripped people naked before they crucified them. I have yet to see a single Christian religion use a historically accurate depiction of a crucifixion.

@snytiger6 True….and their religions aren’t exactly accurate either. It’s all fantasy and imaginary.

Give it to a Christian Organization so that ...( get ready for it!).....the Christian Organization and their "god" can take credit for it !

See how that works

twill Level 7 Oct 14, 2022

That annoyed me as well. A generous offer refused because of beliefs... If someone is in need of help but refused my assistance because I believe the sun is a hole in the sky, let the jerks sink.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of these believers have a literal god and therefore they think this is about a literal Satan. After all, they both come from the same book.

Fuck those miserable hypocrites.

Talking about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.