Agnostic.com

1 2

Fundamentalism: Menace II Society

Here's the latest episode of a podcast I enjoy. It's good overview of Fundamentalism, presented by Chuck and Josh and the folks at Stuff You Should Know. They usually have some off-beat but interesting topics and have a bit of quirky banter between them, but this episode is a bit more serious than their usual lighthearted stuff.

I thought it was interesting enough to share with folks here who may think fundamentalism is term only used for religious folks. They mention briefly that even Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins can be described as fundamentalists in their non-religious views. They also touch on the separation of church and state being what the founders intended, etc, all in easy listening format.

I usually just listen to it on my phone, but there is also a website link for downloads by iHeart Radio. Since I agree with them, I didn't really learn much from it, but it's nice to hear thoughts articulated out loud in a manner respectful to all.

"Fundamentalism: Menace II Society"

Stuff You Should Know - Podcast October 19, 2022 • 57 min

"Fundamentalism is usually thought of as a problem religions have to deal with, but not all fundamentalists are religious. And no matter what their belief system, fundamentalism is inherently antisocial and a problem for everyone."

[iheart.com]

Julie808 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry to say the podcast does not work in my country.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:691897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.