Agnostic.com

10 9

How many people are going to be elected in the next couple of years because they are parroting lies and propaganda about the last election? Despite all the proof that no significant fraud happened, Republicans are betting their future that many, many people will fall for the fiction created initially by Donald J. Trump.

mischl 8 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All of them are behaving like bratty, hateful children. I don't think there's any hope for adults who act like they do. I'd be very surprised if any of them came to their senses, especially as they keep getting what they want.

Speaking for us lefties in Florida, we are fighting like hell to overcome the fascist right-wingers--and we've got a lot of 'em here.

@mischl Responding after the election... that's for sure. Florida is blood red now. I doubt the DNC is going to waste much money there anymore. It seems to be over, sorry. I would move to a different state if I lived there. Too bad, you have decent climate too, though pretty foul weather.

@AlbertSchepis I'm in a small clan of writers, artists, and politically savant people that makes it, for me, bearable. But the main reason I'm here is the weather.

The big lie project may be what destroys America.

Yes, we have so many people with inadequate critical thinking skills that "big lies" render them incapable of ferreting the truth out of the noise.

@mischl I wish that some kind of critical thinking test or political literacy test could be used for voting eligibility, but that has been tried in the past, somewhat, in the American southern states after Reconstruction ended, following the Civil War, and all it led to was voter suppression of black folks. So there is no fair and honest way to make that required for voting, because it would always be abused by partisan groups whenever they gained political supremacy, for them to hold onto power at all costs.

@TomMcGiverin I see what you're saying Tom, but I think going to school is supposed to prepare people to think, see truths and understand how things (like civilized society, government) works. That's really the test. It's twelve years of tests from every angle in preparation for doing things like voting for public servants to run things properly. It's not supposed to be: just vote for the guy who talks the toughest and scares the shit out of people, either because he's so mean or stupid or both. Right? I mean, if they don't get it by then, there's no magic test that's going to make them vote right on occasion.

@AlbertSchepis Nowadays, K-12 schools do a terrible job of preparing citizens to become smart voters, and the corporate media doesn't help any either on that count. I do actually think both of those institutions are that way by design. The ruling class does not want intelligent voters who are well informed and can think critically, because they would be a threat to the status quo system. They want them just smart enough to run the machines and do the jobs the system ends up giving them, nothing beyond those things..

The situation we find ourselves in has been a long time in the making.

It depends whether EACH individual

believes in Democracy

Continually looks for EVIDENCE

Has a mechanism for detecting lies or validating statements

Can solve simple problems for themselves

Does not get lazy and farm out opinion testing to other collectives

Stops reading newspapers

Listen to several different media on each political point.

Adds to any pole or vote possible to get Trump In Gaol/Jail .

It’s probably a good bet. They have managed to brainwash the majority where I live. Unless a WHOLE LOT of women and young people get out and vote, that, along with the gerrymandering is probably going to screw the whole country over. Democracy is dead.

Based on my experience, their bets will pay off.

You really think that the guy that can’t speak WITH a teleprompter and couldn’t get more than 14 people to his rally with Bon Jovi playing a concert got more votes than any president in American history after for the first time in American history, voting stations in the five key locations were mysteriously shut down mid count.

Sure…….

You actually think Biden is in charge? That's a special kind of stupid.

@Druvius
Hell no.

@Druvius What are you, one of those schoolyard bullies who thinks the biggest bully knows how to run things? Yeah right into the ground, then it's Lord of the Flies time.

@AlbertSchepis
How is he being a bully???

@CourtJester He called me "a special kind of stupid" for one.

@AlbertSchepis and???

It's a cult pretending to be a political party, power is the only goal.

MizJ Level 8 Oct 23, 2022

Indeed. They don't understand how evidence is established so they don't appreciate the significance of facts and they're not interested in or capable of learning. That's my experience with them, online and off. I just don't see how we're ever going to bridge the divide.

Who cares? History has proven that equally lying Democrats are the other side of the bad penny that has Republicans.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:692280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.