Agnostic.com

24 4

Just met a person who does not like pets because they are all dirty.How would you view a person who holds this belief?

Marine 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The filthiest creatures on the planet are humans

Would stay far away from this person. Animals are life.

This is a person who would travel in different circles than me. And that's okay.

vita Level 7 Apr 29, 2018

Well, they'll never want to visit my house.

Actually, being anti-animal might mean we have little in common, even without bringing pets into it.

Zster Level 8 Apr 29, 2018

Did you know that scientifically speaking, our lips are as filthy as or more so than our but holes.

Hmmmmmm Yuk

Don't want my dog's tongue in either one.

Each person is a unique individual. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

I don't want the responsibility of having a pet. It's hard enough having flowerpots on my deck. I love flowers. But when I'm away, I have to arrange someone to water each day during the summer.

I wouldn't call it a belief. There are people that are obsessed with having everything clean, therefore cannot cope with the idea of having a pet.....it sucks and I don't understand it, but most definitely is not a belief

I blame my cats on the excess dust that accumulates in my house.

@SACatWalker Sorry my comment got you offset. That wasn't the intent. I hope you don't believe I am the one with a mission... I type probably too fast and I don't really track to whom I have replied what, so if I have said something similar to someone else then it was just a coincidence. But ok, duly noted dude. Not a biggie

@SACatWalker You don't have to... it's all good. Sometimes things go one way, it's the nature of the beast.... no worries

I don't believe in Miriam Webster.

Not a reason for me to judge. We probably wouldn't be friends--or hang out together away from some structured environment--but I don't feel it's my place to pass judgment on others' cleanliness preferences. I wouldn't want anyone passing judgment on mine... People get all kinds of odd ideas for random reasons. Including me.

@SACatWalker Help me out here, please--because I truly want peaceful relations for all: how could I have worded my comment above in a way that clearly communicates I am not judging anyone for their attitudes, not "implying" I'm "better than" anyone? Because I certainly did not intend to do that. Please point out the part that indicates I'm rubbing my superiority in people's faces--because I'm utterly gobsmacked by this interpretation and would like to better understand it. I honestly don't see where my words can reasonably be construed as indicating judgment against anyone--unless you're operating under the paradigm that judgment of those on the "other side" of an issue is a foregone conclusion in any disagreement. I don't operate under that paradigm. When I express my view, I do not attach a subtext of, "...and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong." Am I supposed to anticipate the inaccurate subtexts that may be inferred by others and include disclaimers against them when I speak my truth--am I to keep my dissenting views to myself, to avoid bruising egos--is there a better way to word things, here--or what, exactly? I don't understand why not judging someone is a bad thing. And I don't understand why saying "I don't judge" carries an intimation that I am, in fact, judging.

@SACatWalker Brilliant. Nicely done. Mighty big of you to say. TYVM. 🙂 No worries here. Like I said, I don't judge. 😉

Met a very nice Muslim woman who couldn't understand non-Muslims attachment to pets and especially being allowed indoors and on the bed. So I look at her viewpoint as a cultural thing and not as someone who doesn't like animals.

I'd think they were weird or silly. My cats are much cleaner than my ex husband and my children.

I don't trust them. I would think that that would be extremely neurotic.

It's their prerogative I suppose, I don't agree one bit.
I like all sorts of critters.
If I had my way I'd have enough property to keep some nontraditional animals as pets.

Their loss and keeping animals away from this person is best for the animals, probably should keep this person away from me while we are at it🙂

Not a friend of mine, and probably their house is either everything covered in plastic, or a pigsty.

I found this particular person to have one filthy house compared to mine and thought this person has got to be kidding! There was left over food on the table,spilled food on the floor and the rugs looked like they haven't been vacuumed in years. The yard was filled with junk and the grass had not been cut in months. I do not think he gave the real reason for not liking pets. I also had an opportunity to speak to his neighbor and guess what. They did not like him and considered him dirty.

I don't trust people who don't like pets.

a germaphobe? like Trump?

With so much side-eye I would give myself eye-strain.

A fool who knows nothing about life

I don't trust people that don't love dogs or cats . Something is missing in their genetic make up. Affection and companionship from a pet is similar to relating to humans . Kids learn a lot about how to be close to someone emotionally other than their.mother or for my kids(and other folks) father by having a pet. They also learn responsibility,ty and about sickness and death and reproduction. A man that doesn't love his dog can't love anybody.

I don't trust people that don't love dogs or cats . Something is missing in their genetic make up. Affection and companionship from a pet is similar to relating to humans . Kids learn a lot about how to be close to someone emotionally other than their.mother or for my kids(and other folks) father by having a pet. They also learn responsibility,ty and about sickness and death and reproduction. A man that doesn't love his dog can't love anybody.

As crazy! Pets are important, not only for what they bring to us and teach us but also for the assist they provide to hospitals, handicapped people and other animals as well as in life situations and search and rescue. I currently have a five year old rescued cat who was found on a sandbar in the middle of a glacial river two years back. She literally spent the first six months under my bed, and the next two months slowly becoming used to the idea I wasn't going to attack her if she wasn't close to a bolt hole.
It is a horrible feeling to see an animal cringe away from you in panic if you come too close. It has taken several months but now she accepts me, sleeps in the same room with me and brings me her food dish if I am remiss in filling it. Still, she will not sit on my lap but only allows me to pet her or scratch her stomach if she isn't enclosed or held down.
I cannot imagine what she experienced nor do I want to. She by just existing and surviving has taught me so much more than I have taught her. The idea that an animal, any animal is treated in such a manner is incomprehensible.

You know what to do...

“cocks gun”

Sounds like a germ-a-phobe (make up word). Someone who is afraid ot germs, viruses. Most children under 10 outgrow this, but nowadays with the disconnect between science and fantasy there are a lot of adults who are afraid of germs. So from their point-of-view anything outside their definition of 'clean' is dirty. They may grow up, they may not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:69365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.