Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Over 100 Russian missiles hit Ukraine after peace plan announced

Two people are now dead, in Poland, from this strike. Sure doesn't look like Vlad is backing down to me. In fact, he may be responding to Ukrainians having "taken possession" of what he considers to be his city (Kherston).

rainmanjr 8 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The reality is that the Russians have committed yet another act of terrorism against the Ukraine and Putin can't back down or he will be forced out of power and possibly either killed by Russia or turned over to to stand trial for the war crimes he has already been charged with.

I've seen this movie. It doesn't end well.

@rainmanjr Not for the Dick-tater.... Historically Russia's armies have always been poorly equipped and staffed and since WW 1 it has been even worse because they never updated to the Prussian model this is why they went to the BTG which was an utter failure for them. The real problem is at the line level they are completely unable to show initiative because of doctrine and the upper echelons can't either which leaves them with the old British model army "March ahead with your head held high and a ram rod up your ass until the enemy kills you"

@Lizard_of_Ahaz The Dick's don't often get away but, while the people have the House advantage of time (there will always be young workers coming so the struggles continue), the people will also hurt. Not my problem, though.

@rainmanjr Have you noticed recently that there is a lot of sabotage and resistance inside Russia to the war?.... Their chief pro-war propaganda blogger was just assassinated in a cafe using a bomb inside a bust given him as a gift...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I pay zero attention to what's happening in Russia. I'm not even sure it exists (or Ukraine and that entire area) since I've never personally seen it. I also don't really care what happens there. Not my problem.

lot of words for "I don't know shit about this war."

@Druvius You should have just stuck with "I don't know shit about this war."... That would have been honesty on your part...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I just get tired of Americans regurgitating Washington propaganda as if they were shitting golden eggs. You already proved my point.

@Druvius You just proved you are an idiot....

Nothing will come of this isolated incident. There is too much plausible deniability. The grain silo that was hit was close to the border with Ukraine. Was the strike an accident? Did Ukrainian missile defenses knock a Russian missile into a new trajectory? Was it a Ukrainian missile? Of course Russia is responsible, but NATO is not eager for World War III. So chalk up this incident to one more in a long list of Russian crimes.

Peace missiles? 🤔

Yes. So named because, when they hit, they go to pieces.

Poland should respond with overwhelming force. That is the only thing bullies understand.

Maybe they should but NATO will act as one for all. It's the Musketeer Org.

It's a lot more complicated than that. Sadly.

Let's get all the facts before deciding whether or not to start dropping earthquake bombs on the Kremlin.

They should just provide Ukraine with about 100 long range missiles capable of carrying large conventional warheads up to 2,000 miles...

Sadly I'm sure this won't put to bed the idea that Russia/putin is simply trying to defend itself from aggressor nations that seek to surround him/it and threaten the national security of Russia.
I'm hoping cooler heads prevail, I think this was done to provoke, I know, of course that's why it was done, just hope no one takes the bait.

I think NATO will respond with a significant attack. Maybe on that pipeline.

@silverotter11 I think you have a pretty good read on the situation.

What do you mean by saying aggressor nations that seek to surround him/it and threaten the national security of Russia? How is that possible, after all those nations have been there since ever just as Russia has and they are not the ones who started this war.

The only aggressor is Russia.

@Jolanta Sorry, I wasn't more clear. Part of my comment is being just snarky but I also mean that I think this is what Putin actually believes to be the case. Putin of course is the aggressor but like we saw so often with don lardo, Putin is projecting. I think Putin is completely aware how much nations surrounding Russia do not like him. They need the gas/fuel, the people themselves are great but Putin himself is a fucking nightmare.

@Jolanta, @Alienbeing Putin projects of course he is the aggressor but he also knows how much surrounding nations do not like him.

@silverotter11 I was in Russia a couple of years ago and found that young people want to get out. They have this warped notion that everything is just wonderful in the west, although I found that Russia is still very much a police state.

@silverotter11 There is no reason for anyone to like him that I am aware of.

@Jolanta I am sure our government watches or listens in but we ain't got nothin' on te Russian state government.

@Jolanta Compared to Russia the Western countries even at their worst are heaven.... Unless you already have money there is no way you can advance and live anywhere but a shithole. Salaries for an educated person top out at around 30K a year in USD while elsewhere they can make 3 to 4 times that wage with the same skillset. The difference is between working your ass off to afford a shared apartment and barely make enough to pay utilities and food with enough left over to get drunk or high and owning a home big enough to compare to one or two floors of the apartment building you lived in while in Russia. "Brain Drain" is a real issue and the main reason that Russian technology is so bad.

Putin the Putrid is devoid of humanity. He is perfectly happy to kill as many people as he thinks necessary in order to satisfy his own evil ambitions. And he appears to be quite happy to take on NATO.

Russia has suffered for centuries under its leaders. Today it is no different.

No, he doesn't ever want to take on NATO militarily. But he would love to antagonize, humiliate and frustrate NATO in press briefings and UN Security Council meetings.

@Flyingsaucesir Of course he doesn't want to take on NATO militarily, he is not that stupid. He just wants to be the one who takes back all the countries that were under communist rule.

@Jolanta I find him to be very backward looking person, wanting to restore the "glory" of the old Soviet empire. The idea of being forward looking is anathema to him.

@Jolanta Wants to but won't be.

@Jolanta LMAO actually he is just that stupid but the military command knows that Russia would cease to exist and if Putin keeps on the way he is going the stupid bastard is going to "fall out of a window" very soon wait and see.

The very notion of "honor" in the minds of current Russian leadership is something that can be used to distract the opposition...for a while.

There is not much in the word 'honor' in most countries around the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:695617
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.