Agnostic.com

5 13

LINK Opinion | Don't Be Fooled. This Is What Elon Musk Is Really Up to With Twitter | Yanis Varoufakis

Something of an aerial view of the current Musk-Twitter story.

I like his language about the new techno-feudal ruling class, techno feudalism and how we are techno surfs in the techno feudalism.

As he says, "As a private fief, Twitter could never be the world’s public square. That was never the point. The pertinent question is whether it will grant its new owner secure membership in the new techno-feudal ruling class."

I've been suspicious of the media narrative that this is just a Musk buy in haste and repent at leisure story, looking for something deeper.

This article appeals to my inner political scientist, i suppose.

I never have, nor ever will, use Twitter

David1955 8 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure if I can buy the idea that one of the world's richest, with his hands on so much tech industry, is an outsider.

I had the same thought. They're all assholes in the same club, competing against one another.

I don’t waste my time with Twotter, Whimpstagram, or Disgracebook. I could fuckin’ care less. I was fine when none of this shit existed, and no skin would fall off my ass if Twotter goes by the wayside or any of this other nonsense for that matter.

Musk follows his own rules and in some ways he's sort of like trump, just way smarter. As to twitter an historian I follow was following the Jan. 6th hearings and was on twitter so I signed up. I found it unless and unappealing.

Anyone can be way smarter than Trump.

@Jolanta That's a very scary statement, true but scary because there are way too many who don't think that about don lardo.

@Jolanta the actual crux of the entire thing...well stated!

As amazing as modern technology is for our lives, the biggest downside is it can afford the owners of the technology an inordinate amount of power and wealth.

I agree and I do not use anything that I have to pay for. The difference between free and pay sites is simply in how they use your private information.

And Ads

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:697293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.