Agnostic.com

7 6

Okay, I was taking some courses online at a Christian University. One of the prerequisites I was required to take was Christian Worldview. I got an A in the course but did not hold back on my Atheism. I came up with this extreme example just to make sure I was understanding the point the professor was trying to make: A horrible man named Bill lived on a quiet street in the suburbs. He was truly awful, abusive, always nasty to people, cruel to animals, and committed fifty murders. About six houses down was a sweet man named Tom. Tom was kind and considerate, always willing to lend a hand, someone you could depend on. But the thing about Tom, he liked to drink, and when he drank he made up stories. They were totally harmless, but they were lies. He told fifty lies about his exploits to make himself look much more adventurous than he actually was.
The professor told me that these two men, with their fifty sins apiece, were equally guilty in the eyes of the Lord. WHAT?! Yes! He told me the Lord is so offended by the fact that one would sin against Him that the nature of the sin is not really important.
Reason I'm an Atheist #307

Wakenbaker 5 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good thing that people run the courts and not some dude that doesn't exist

twill Level 7 Dec 22, 2022

But if "sin is missing the mark" as Paul explained in archery terms, how are we missing that mark in regards to an invisible mythical sky being?

And where would that professor be in the 50 shades of honesty? On the shadier side, perhaps? 😉

But. Every Christian is telling lots of lies, about how they have this big special friend in the sky. who nobody else can see.

That is because each and every one of them knows the Mind of the One True God!

@anglophone In doing so they give themselves permission to be jerks to any and every one who contradicts them.

There's just no limit to the creativity of the human brain!

That's why I murder 😀
(wish it was original, but stolen from Sean Lock)

puff Level 8 Dec 13, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:700042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.