Agnostic.com

59 3

What is the main reason why you are not religious?

I am sure we all have more than one reason, but what is the main one for you?

Alexa 5 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Truths don't obey borders, religion does. If Einstein could, almost by himself, think up accurate laws for the universe. How come humanity as a collective can't do the same with any god/deity? It doesn't hurt my father was raised atheist and my mom was agnostic (but is now born again Christian)

the ONLY reason i am not religious is that i believe that there are no gods.

g

I came to the realization that faith is no virtue--it is, in fact, a piece of bad code. Having lost faith in faith, the spell was broken, and anything that relied on it disintegrated.

I do not believe there are any gods! No other reason.

The contradictions in belief. "God is all knowing, loving, and eternal." Yet "God" gets pissed off when humans "don't behave" in the examples of the Great Flood and Sodom and Gomorrah. So, God/god is not above human emotions. The christian god doesn't sound any better than the Greek gods.

Wasn't brainwashed

The distance between what we do know and what we don’t isn’t a justification for a deity... it’s the reason for living our lives.

I do not want to deal with bias after bias lectures of who i should be and ridiculous debates; I find it tedious and time consuming

Primarily I don't follow any religion is due to the fact that religion as a whole and individually is bullshit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7019
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.