Agnostic.com

12 12

As of 10:20am today, Jan 9th 2023, My best friend, companion, and loyal doggo Molly crossed over the rainbow bridge. She was a rescue that I welcomed into my heart in August 2016. Little did I know just how much love I was going to receive back then. She went through so much when I lost my Grandma in 2018, a bad heart break which had me suicidal then the loss of my Mom in 2020, and then her to battle Lymphoma in 2022 till today. She never ceased to amaze me with her indomenable spirit. I am really going to miss our car rides together and the endless cuddles. She always greeted me with a dance and a smile with a tail wag so intense that is shook her around! Besides car rides her favorite activities were, chasing squirrels and deer, and chasing me around the field when I would ride a dirt bike or four wheeler. I know I am not a perfect man. She did not care. She loved me with all her heart. How anyone could have been so cruel to have tossed her out all those years ago in 2016 is beyond me. Some how I became the lucky one to have had her in my life.
So it was, with deep sadness, one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make when the Vet came in with the grave news. One of her lymph nodes had ruptured and the cancer was metastatic. The Dr.VM said that with the situation as it was, she would only survive maybe a week or two tops. The quality of her life would be severely hampered and would require around the clock care. Having took all this in consideration and with strong supporting evidence to her overall condition, I had to say good bye to the best friend I have ever had. I have been crying too much, but I cannot help it. I know made the right decision. It just does not help hold back the tears and my broken heart.

Ceaselessmind 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tough to hear. Some bonds are immeasurable. SORRY

Dogs are the best!

Well done for rescuing her in the first place, that is one happy life that would never have been otherwise, both of you only gained by that.

So sorry about your little dog. My little orange dog Cookie died about 10 years ago and it still makes me a bit sad sometimes.

she's beautiful.

So sorry for your loss...you are a good Dog Dad!

I totally get it. We had to put down my dog in Dec of 21. She was just under 19 years old. It was sad, but for the best.
But....in Oct of 22 we adopted a Lab rescue and he's been the apple of our eyes.
I hope, if and when you're ready, another pup comes into your life.
Dogs are just special.

You did the right thing by keeping her from suffering, and for that you were strong for her. Cancer sucks. I hope one day you are healed enough to give your heart to another doggo, cuz it sounds like you are an amazing dog dad.

The bond between man and dog is a spiritual one. I swear that the dog chooses the man not the other way around. The connection between man and dog has never been understood by the behaviorists and scientists, but any dog person will testify that the dog and them are one, the dog is a vital part of the psyche of the person.
My condolences on loosing a such part of yourself, Be heartened that at the right time, another dog will come into your life. It will happen just when you need it most.

I am so sorry for your loss! You gave her the best life a doggo could want. There's surely no love like that of a dog for their human companion. It's so pure. Rescue dogs are the best! I wish you condolences and comfort.

Losing a loving friend is as hard as it gets. Grieve as much as you need, but know that there's lots more love in the world waiting for you. Don't be hesitant to find another loving companion; they're already waiting for you to show up to rescue them.

I went to a pound and found a lab mix. After selecting her, I went to fill out the papers and pay the fee. Going back to the pen, the attendant put a leash on Roxy. She seemed excited, but unsure of what would come next. We walked to my car and I lifted her into the seat. I went around to get in on my side, got in, and at that moment, it dawned on Roxy that she was going to a wonderful home. She set about yipping and licking me, hugging me, and showing absolute ecstasy. Me too.

Sorry for your loss. It is always difficult to lose a pet, you have my greatest sympathy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:704203
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.