Agnostic.com

16 15

Whiny message from a Trump supporter. How would you answer?

I’m a Republican and a Trump supporter. I’m sorry you have hate in your heart and you don’t even know me….SAD!!!!

At age 87, he lives in Georgia. Apparently he was upset by this photo and my words:

"If you are a Trump supporter, hit the back button NOW."

My reply-

Trump is a compulsive liar, sociopath, racist, sexist, narcissist, bragging, cruel conman. I still don't understand why anyone voted for him. He tried to violently overturn the election he lost. Traitor.

In the past, I dated three Republicans. After Trump, never again. It's your loss.

Why send me such a nasty message? MAGA idiots can't get a date. Ha ha!

Kathleen

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great comeback, however you're wasting your time. these people are delusional and they will never see reality

How would I answer? I wouldn't.
Trump supporters have closed minds and open mouths. I avoid them like the bubonic plague. There's no point in arguing with an idiot

It's fair to draw a line between yourself and who you'd rather not even talk to in a personal, private situation, based on whatever criteria you want. We all have that inherent human right. The discussion doesn't have to go any further, but in regards to Trumpism / fascism and the serious societal imperative and implications, I think it's my patriotic duty not to give them any oxygen or any of my time at all. They need to be choked off, communication-wise, from our society, as they pose the most dire threat to it and everything the rest of us hold dear in life. There's no ifs, ands or buts about it, and no apology is necessary or warranted.

Dear Trump Supporter,
You are not good enough. Don't take it personally...only Donald himself can fill my heart with the joy I desire. He is a son of god, Jesus' brother! Just as you and I, as fellow Trump Supporters are brother and sister! And you see, well, I just don't do incest.
See you at next rally.
With love in my heart, and In Jesus name,
Good bye....

twill Level 7 Jan 21, 2023

Typical tactic. Don't these religious zealots not even know their own bible: Matthew 7:1-5 ESV / 137 helpful votes
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" I have heard it said that one points their finger at others but miss the three fingers pointing back at them. We all know about how hypocrisy works.

I do not understand why you answer these creeps, time is wasted that could be used for something more productive. No trying to get on your case but there is a back function on the mouse, and one does not have to pay attention to them.

Agree, they all crave the attention they get from the argument. Just ignore them and our blood pressure will go down.

I'd have been a little more specific and told him there is no hate in avoiding poison. Since he does not have the analytical ability to realize Trump is no better than poison, It's hopeless and you are smart enough not to waste your time.

Best response.

I'da said your response is EXACTLY why I will have nothing to do with trump supporters. You read but did not comprehend, then ignored my instructions and you project your hate claiming it's moi. No means no.

I would have replied, ‘knowing you’re a Trump supporter is all I need to know, bye’……

Nazis are like serial killers, they look like everyone else.
They're also cowards, and only put on costumes when almost no one else except their victims are around. Just like the KKK.
The one thing they all have in common is they ALL love Trump, including a small loud annoying ignorant bunch of hill billy Christians.

1. "They are sharpening their weapons at home"
  2. "You cannot spot one by looking at them"
  3. They have changed their name by Deed Poll.

Oh, I forgot to answer your original question. Sorry about that. My bitchy streak is about to show itself:

"You are the sole author of your own misery, and I have no time for losers like you."

"I am a self-declared irrational delusional arrogant prat. Even scumbags like you ought to love me!"

Yep, just another Trumpite, the bottom feeders of the U$A.

"Prat" is a fine snipe, isn't it?

@alliwant I just had to look up the definition of "prat". I'm going to use that from now on. I like it.

@TheoryNumber3 "closed minds and open mouths" I am so going to steal that phrase! 🙂

@anglophone Be my guest. No charge 🙂

Since you are very clear you don't want to be contacted by Trump supporters, yet he showed exactly who he is by contacting you anyway and by sounding just like you would expect a Trump supporter to sound like, you DO know him, at least all you need to know, haha! Definitely his loss and I'm sure he knows it. Likely angry that you are smarter than him.

I doubt any of these old codgers will take a hint and finally consider a more centrist or liberal view. So be it. Maybe suggest a few books for him to read? I've seen some Trump supporters reading while on vacation, so I know some of them can.

When I was dating, I had a short list of "don't bother contacting me if..." characteristics. Most men just disregarded them, thinking I didn't really mean it. I guess they thought they could charm me with their arrogance in disregarding my key criteria. Yeah, that's not going to work with me, haha!

"The only thing I hate is having words put in my mouth and my choices questioned by strangers. Fuck off". I refuse to take their shit.

MizJ Level 8 Jan 17, 2023

I couldn't have said it better. Kudos.

He's making a bit of a leap there saying you have hate in your heart. I'd be replying that it's not hate, but utter contempt, a very different feeling

The only hate I see in their exchange is the passive aggressive way that this guy speaks to a stranger. He is pissed off that she rejected hm before his entitled ass had the chance to send a message.

@MizJ did you actually read the original post?

"I’m a Republican and a Trump supporter. I’m sorry you have hate in your heart and you don’t even know me….SAD!!!!"

@Cyklone I read the post @LiterateHiker indicated in her profile on another site that she did not wish to date a 45 supporter. She received an unsolicited message from a R accusing her of having hate in her heart and telling her this was sad. The message had a passive aggressive slant to it, by no means was it a friendly note.

Excluding a group of people from those that one would potentially date is not hateful, it saves people from wasting time.

There was zero reason for the man to send any message to her. Women are subjected to lots of bullshit in real life and even more on dating sites in the form of nasty messages, dick pics, and other nonsense. That hate has a name and it is misogyny.

I have zero hatred towards you, not have I shown you any disrespect. Many thanks for showing your true colors in re to that respect being a one-way street.

@MizJ 🤣🤣🤣

@Cyklone I read it too and agree with MizJ. I don't know what your point was to her but it seemed like you were defending the Trump supporter. There's two issues: a persons' or womans' perogative to talk to whoever she wants, and the issue with Trump supporters regardless. Arguing with a woman that she shouldn't judge a man for that or anything for the purpose of dating is a ridiculous implied entitlement on his part. There's no argument, and he has no human right to impose any of his beliefs on her or tell her who she can or can't talk to. It's a ridiculous, misogynistic premiss. It's like if I try to argue with or judge a woman that she shouldn't automatically count me out because I'm "not tall enough". She doesn't care and I can't make her. It's not my job and I have no right to. It's different in that I'm not a poison to society like Trumpists / fascists are, but it doesn't matter. I may think she's "sad", but she doesn't care, I can't make her and that's all there is to it. The same with him. He's already taking too much of our time; he doesn't deserve it.

@AlbertSchepis I can only conclude that just because we both speak english it doesn't mean we read things the same way, because what I've written has been misinterpreted. The meaning of my response is that Trump supporters are contemptible, that Literate Hiker can't be labelled as a person "having hate in her heart" because of her post but perhaps like me, she is just contemptuous of these people. I'm coming from the position of being in favour of Literate Hiker's attitude. I don't know how you're interpreting what I said but it doesn't make sense to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:705342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.