Agnostic.com

7 3

Electric induction stoves are cleaner, safer, more efficient, better for the environment, and better for our health than gas stoves. So why are MAGAts opposed to making the switch?

Flyingsaucesir 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i saw them on Ask This Old house and they boiled water 3-4 times faster than gas....very impressive! And i have no central A/C so their coolness overall would delight me!

I do like cooking with gas.

You can keep on doing what you like best. πŸ™‚

I love my induction stove! Very rarely use the electric range top. I have been using it for probably close to ten years or so. If I ever change my stove, I would definitely choose induction. The only part that heats up is directly under the pot or pan.

I had not idea they were that bad. Gas is often stored underground and withdrawn as needed. It gets scrubbed, but it can still convey hazardous components. The NOx generation was surprising, and I'm curious what the connection could be with allergy or whatever is sensitizing the lungs. The chemical NO can act as a neurotransmitter.

Google: "Nitric oxide (NO) works as a retrograde neurotransmitter in synapses, allows the brain blood flow and also has important roles in intracellular signaling in neurons from the regulation of the neuronal metabolic status to the dendritic spine growth."

and from: [sciencedirect.com]

β€’Nitric oxide works in neuro-transmission, immune response, and vessel control.

β€’Physiological effects of nitric oxide are direct or indirect by S-nitrosylation.

β€’Pathological effects of nitric oxide are due to protein nitrotyrosination.*

β€’Nitrotyrosination is critical in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease onset.

• Tyrosine is an amino acid in proteins

Wow, interesting! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

I would love to get an induction stove, but I hear they aren't good for folks with pacemakers. Since I'm an old fart, I might have friends with one, or might have to get one some day myself.

Boy, I don't know how much truth there is in that. I'm glad you brought it up. I will keep my ear to the ground.

@Flyingsaucesir [abc.net.au]

@Organist1 I’ve had mine for more than ten years (pacemaker since 2009]. I have never had a problem. This is the company that sells mine.
[nuwavenow.com]

I do wish the government would not allow them in new construction. That's not going to happen though because industry will stop it.

I have a friend that would be happy to replace her gas stove and could probably afford a new electric one. She lives in an older house though and what she can't afford is the electrical work that would be required to support it.

I stole your post for Facebook.

You friend should inquire about subsidies. Ask around at local, state, and federal levels.

Some jurisdictions are changing building codes such that new construction will be all electric, no gas. This will eventually become the norm everywhere.

I'm glad you are spreading the good news. Good thieving! πŸ˜‚

She can get those stand alone burners pretty cheap, only an outlet and some counter space needed. This is mine.

Hahaha.

If you look at the studies; the vast majority of harmful air particles come from what you are cooking weather you are using gas or electric.

Not according to the studies Miles O'brien cites in the NewsHour piece.

And electric stoves don't give off greenhouse gases.

And if you're not transporting gas to homes and businesses, then methane is not leaking from millions of miles of old pipes.

@Flyingsaucesir

Go ahead and support forcing millions to change their gas stoves then. Maybe those that can’t afford a new stove will be fined or starve. It’s fun to watch the impact of government over reach.

@CourtJester Contrary to right-wing propaganda, no one is being forced to change out their stoves. Certainly not at the federal level. Funding is being made available to help people voluntarily switch if they want to. And at the local level, building codes are being modified such that NEW homes will not have gas stoves, gas water heaters, or gas furnaces. This will not only be good for our health and the environment, it will also save people money. Electric induction stoves are more efficient than gas stoves. Electic heat pumps are more efficient than gas furnaces. Electric water heaters are more efficient than gas water heaters. Moving to the newer technology is a win-win-win for human health, people's pocketbooks, and the environment.

Haven't you noticed, CJ, that new technologies tend to be better than old ones? Or are you still trying to get around in a Model T Ford?

@Flyingsaucesir

Some technologies, yes. I think it’s a bit premature to rush to judgment over one study that got some media coverage a week ago though. In the same vein though; what about the gas fire places, and gas water heaters???

@CourtJester They're going too. Eventually.

@Flyingsaucesir

@CourtJester πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Isn't it wonderful how one skinny little 15-year-girl can strike terror into the hearts of the captains of the most destructive industry in the history of mankind? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

@Flyingsaucesir
Terror or comedy???

@CourtJester Perhaps you're right; terror may be too strong a word. After all, the captains always planned to die before the shit hit the fan. And sociopaths don't care what climate catastrophies their kids or grandkids might face. As long as these captains have the biggest yachts in the bay today, it's all good.

The trouble is, though, that climate change is happening faster than they anticipated. The industry was so busy trying to sow doubt about the science that they failed to note the acceleration in the process. So maybe the captains won't actually be dead before the class action lawsuits start biting. Because the evidence of what they knew and when they knew it is already in hand. And it's damning.

@Flyingsaucesir

Sure

@CourtJester That's right CJ, stick with what you know:

@CourtJester Shocking proof that not all doctors are scientists!:

@Flyingsaucesir

Us and Europe are in pretty good shape. Why don’t y’all go clean up South America, Russia, China, and Africa before pushing that BS on those that are already cleaned up?

@CourtJester First rule when you find yourself in a hole, CJ: stop digging!

@Flyingsaucesir
agreed. Cry to the others before asking us to pay more taxes and curb our freedoms.

@CourtJester The Biden plan would only increase taxes on individuals making over $250K annually, and corporations. Sounds about right to me. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

@Flyingsaucesir

Are you high???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706168
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.