Agnostic.com

5 1

"FUSHION SCHMOOSION"
While I'll admit that I have never understood the concept of "Bit Coin", I knew from the first time I heard of it, it was obvious that it was a "Ponzi Scheme". I have argued with people who tried to convince me that it was a great investment and it would make me rich. One guy told me he had earned hundreds of thousands of "dollars" in a very short time. I asked him how he would convert these riches into tangible currency and he had no answer other than "You just don't understand". It was always obvious to me that the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it invariably is not" is virtually irrefutable. Now we are told that somebody has created energy from less energy! Again, I revert to common sense and assert that this is like the early 1900s when many people were obsessed with "Perpetual Motion Machines", something that nobody has ever achieved because it goes against Newton's principles of physics. I am certainly no scientist but I would bet my right kidney that, like perpetual motion, Fusion energy will never "materialize". Three scientists claimed to have created it before and ended up becoming a laughing stock. Now, Man is playing "God" again and I'll bet he won't get past the second day.

fishline79 7 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You have bastardized the saying "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" to mean exactly the opposite of what the original saying meant. You have a very loose grasp of language and a poor understanding of everything else so how about you give us all a break and just speak when you're spoken to. Your time would be better spent engaging a therapist who could help you figure out what the hell is wrong with you because it is something major.

The subject is "too good to be true", so when I say "it is", I mean "It is too good to be true". Are you going to follow every notification I send and insert what you think I should say? I said what I wanted to say. You're just to stupid to understand it. Get a life.

@fishline79 You referred to the "old adage," and then completely misrepresented what it said and meant. You are a clear enemy to the proper use of language.

Also, if you're going to call someone else "to" stupid, it would have more credibility if you spelled all the words correctly. "To" and "too" are actually two entirely different words. Your time would be better spent becoming literate.

You've got to see this @Gwendolyn2018

@Gwendolyn2018 My guess is that he has not had regular interaction with other people for decades. I almost want to pity him for his lack of insight and then he says something else offensive. I looked up the term "cognitive dissonance" and sure enough, there was a picture of him as an example!

@Gwendolyn2018 @fishline79 Yes, anyone can pay to publish their own book just like he did. Publishers will only handle books expected to be successful. His book is called "Food for Thought: songs and poems, without music" as written and sung by him. Is singing not music?

@Gwendolyn2018 So he even messed up the title of his own book. He not only didn't have a publisher, he didn't have an editor.

What was your thesis on?

@LovinLarge I guess you'll have to declare war on me!😉

@fishline79 Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out why your command of language is so much below what you think it is. Few of us have excellent language skills but most of us would acknowledge it. It's your refusal to acknowledge facts that I find offensive. The name of your book is nonsensical because singing is music.

If you want to live in a bubble and misuse language that's fine, but when you start spreading misinformation about language that's not fine because it involves other people in your cognitive dissonance. You seem to be attempting to compensate for some deficiency but you are not fooling anyone.

@LovinLarge I was given 5-10 for "misuse of language" but they added 2 more for "misteaching" the other inmates.

So, if you don't believe the fusion is real because you can't create more energy from less energy then how does a nuclear bomb work or nuclear reactors? Sure, those are both fussion rather than fission but both produce a staggering amount of energy from a relatively small amount of matter.

"When completely fissioned, 1 kg (2.2 pounds) of uranium-235 releases the energy equivalently produced by 17,000 tons, or 17 kilotons, of TNT."

Also, fusion is how our sun generates heat/energy. So, it's really just a matter of replicating a reaction that occurs naturally in the universe.

Since the advent of science there's always been naysayers who say some thing or another is impossible and yet someone finds a way to make it possible.

Hm-mm, a century ago Authur Eddington said the sun’s energy is from fusion. He was unable to provide evidence, but many believed his claim.

NASA’s recently sent its Parker solar probe to get evidence. It’s very gradually getting closer to the sun but has not yet sent evidence back to NASA.

Some of us are naysayers and some of us are yaysayers. I and many more say we don’t know.

I guess you should apply for the job of "replacing the sun".

Bit coin is shit coin. I go with the accepted form of currency used by the government I am living under. Gimme gold paint and I can turn anything into gold. I have no gold and silver. In case of a total collapse I can see those who want food or gasoline running around in panic trying to offer others gold and silver. They would be trampled under foot. Also in a case of total collapse it is not likely for you have a freezer packed with food like they wanted to sell you on in the 1970's. Today the idea is sell you on packaged food that you simply mix with good clean water. Where would you get that water? I like to be smart and try to be prepared but others sure like to make money off ideas of collapse.

Yey/ Pennsylvania is trying to get a bit coin company- I say we have to change the banking system (alot),,, but bit coin is too much > too fast. It takes the electrical power of a city to run the computers.
I had co- workers dabbling in it years ago
but they were NOT happy with the result.
Not to mention it is linked to the DARK WEB; MONEY LAUNDERING; GUN& DRUG GANGS; ARMS SMUGGLING.
Thanks
PS. the company is in coal mining area
of PA.

If someone has discovered or invented an online scheme for making money then why are they trying to sell it to anyone?

Obviously, because they profit from selling the idea. Perhaps I should have said "Pyramid Scheme" which would a more accurate description of the scam.

@fishline79 Good luck with it. 🙂

"A Fool and his money..." PT Barnum, right again!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:709269
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.