Agnostic.com

7 2

I see people talking about "Socket Status." Can anyone explain to me what that is?
Thanks.

skado 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Julie808 has the answer.

This is what I want on my tombstone, haha! If only it were true!

I think it's a reference to "Laugh In".

This is what I see at the bottom of my Messenger screen when I attempt to reply to a message I've received. I assume it means that what ever I type won't be going through to the intended recipient. There is a button I can slide "on" or "off" but it doesn't seem to affect the actual connectivity, for me anyway.

sounds like matters involving hip replacement but I think it's some tech connectivity thing.

Is this what you're looking for??
[ibm.com]

I don't know. I was hoping some of the people who were talking about it might tell me how it is relevant to the recent problems with site messaging, which is the context in which it is mentioned..

Since I have no idea, I'll just say something humorous: it is where 10MM sockets go when lost.

I'm not a web guru but a quick Google search gave this -- The essential guide on the Web socket status codes [medium.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:712243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.