Agnostic.com

6 5

North Carolina Church Raises Thousands to Pay Off Cafeteria Lunch Debt For Every County School

[goodnewsnetwork.org]

xenoview 8 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my head I heard, "North Carolina church cons thousands of dollars out of unwitting followers to give to schools in the hopes people forget about the millions they save being tax exempt."

Free lunches should be available to all school kids who need or want them, regardless of income level. It's the least we could do. And all that conservative bullshit about how "there is no free lunch" and that free lunches would harm the character development of kids, etc., is just that, bullshit and propaganda, since they also believe that tax cuts for the rich and corporate welfare are both good for the character of the rich and corporations, when we all know that they aren't....

I also wish that churches and religious orgs. would quit making hungry people listen to preaching before they could get free meals, but as long as it happens in their house, they will get to keep making their rules about it.

This. No child should be hungry. No child should be shamed to get a free meal.

All meals in schools should be free.

Good story! Thanks for posting. 🙂

You know, sometimes churches actually do good.

It's not as often as churches actively doing bad - covering up sexual predation on children, screwing money out of the poor, heaping bigotry on 'sinful' sub-groups and so on - but hey, there is good in religion.

There's just no 'cause and effect' link between religious belief and decency.

They should have just prayed that debt away, hellooooooo……🤷🏻♂️

Too bad they can't just help people because its simply the right thing to do.
They've always got to drag their invisible friend into it.

@ KKGator : You were thinking this was an altruistic act......not hardly...

You can go to VulkanBet BR Gaming Room [vulkanbet-br.com] and try these slot machines. It's a cool platform with a lot of different slots, for every color and taste. Everyone will find something to play. You can even play for free, without registration and sms. As for me, there's no better way to make money and have fun, and even sitting at home

@HankSherman No, I wasn't.
Never tell me what I was thinking.

There is a food pantry in the town where I work and I once took a friend there. They make you hear about their invisible friend before you can get your food. Yes, the invisible man did this and not people who had extra and cared about you.

@KKGator my bad, there was supposed to be a question mark after that sentence. I....just would never assume to try to tell you what to think, or what you were thinking, or if you even thought....

@ivan234 Fuck off with that bullshit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.