Agnostic.com

5 23

I received an invitation to the JW memorial in the mail today from my mother and I get one every year, even though my mother knows full well that I am an Atheist. It used to bother me that she would send me these invitations each year but I have mellowed over the years and try to take the good wishes and love included in these handwritten letters and ignore the delusional invitation. This is a great video that helps me remember that just because people need a religious crutch it doesn't mean that they are bad people. Now if they use that delusional religious belief to foment hatred and violence towards others then I have no patience.

SnowyOwl 8 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very good !

twill Level 7 Apr 1, 2023

I really enjoyed them

wow, that was really well answered by Matt and the co-host.

That's nothing more than proselytizing.

How so?

@KKGator Inviting him to Jehovah's Witness Jeebus Memorial, knowing he's an atheist, is an attempt at indoctrination and conversion

@barjoe Ahh. Now I understand what you were referring to.

The problem with the so called “benign” believer, is that they propagate the religion to countless descendants, many of which use it to foment hate and violence.
Therefore there’s no such thing as a benign believer….😉

It is a slippery slope and there will always be those people who will take advantage of the delusional beliefs of others. Good people do bad things and the reverse is also true, I do my best not to beat up on the handicapped and I try to remain a positive outlook that tries not to fall into hatred.
Turning the other cheek whenever possible, even if Xstians rarely do the same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.