Agnostic.com

5 12

LINK Jack Teixeira: Suspect in Pentagon Documents Leak Arrested

Elon Musk claims he supports free speech. But he doesn't. The right wing seems to be defending this guy. Maybe because Biden is president. Traitors will support traitors. In a discussion with some mental defective traitor, I said Jack Teixeira needs to be sent to a military tribunal and put before a firing squad. Instantly made to delete it and suspended by Twitter for a week. Elon's Twitter is still locking accounts that advocate for capital punishment. So much for freedom of speech.

barjoe 9 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

smh

Well, someone had to be the person who leaked it, as far as Musk, don't give him the time of the day.

Well I've used Twitter for 13 years and I'm not going to stop because of him. I think the new rules only apply to ultra right. I'm held to Jack Dorsey's terms of service. Maybe Elmo is against capital punishment. I'm not.

@barjoe One thing is sure about capital punishment. The offender will never commit that crime again.

@DenoPenno in this case, everybody thinks it's a big joke. A little prison, the next guy pardons them. Put him in front of a military tribunal Court Martial. Try him for treason. That's what it is. Normally in crimes of passion, I don't think capital punishment is a determent. In this case it definitely would and as you said, stops recidivism.

@barjoe Taking into account the airman's youth and low rank, I would argue against capital punishment. Plus, it sounds like the leaked information is not of great value. On the other hand, if it turns out that the leak got somebody killed, that would necessitate a stiffer penalty.

@Flyingsaucesir The information is more embarrassing than anything in my view.

@DenoPenno Only if the jury always gets it right. If they are wrong , and they too often are, then innocent people are being murdred by the government and, by asociation, the people who voted for that government. Just look at the numbers of cases where a conviction is found to be unsound.

He needs to rot in prison for decades. He released info to his online group of "friends" who weren't supposed to share the info - some of which were foreign nationals. My morning reading showed that the 17 year old who first put the stuff online had been caught and was singing like a guy with his balls in a vise. I figured the government would get this twit.
I remember the KH11 spy satellite leaks from 1979 - I was in the Navy and was given the Presidential order of how I had to respond to questions: "I can neither confirm, nor deny, the existence of satellite photography." Here is the thing about that debacle, it was worse than the public knew. That guy wanted to become a spy double agent and thought what he had given the Soviets wasn't too important - it was, fucked up the program and what the Soviets knew. He was, in the last couple of years, released from prison. I wouldn't have let him out yet, nor the asswipe who spied for Israel and was also released fairly recently.

Military trial not a criminal trial.

@barjoe You are correct. The military will, usually, defer to the Fed's. It is possible, and legal, after a criminal trial and time served to hold a military trial under different charges. I remember one case - a sailor was arrested in Kenya after he killed a prostitute. He spent a few months in jail before his trial. At his trial he was fined the equivalent of 25$ for having an illegal knife (he argued that she was robbing him) and then released. Once he was returned to his ship, he faced conduct charges and AWOL/desertion. Busted in rank, 3 months loss of wages, restricted to the ship for 3 months as well. Oh, and he had to stay in the service to make up the time he was away.

@Beowulfsfriend Pretty soft for a murder rap.

@barjoe Yep. The Kenyans have a low regard for women and especially prostitutes and the military could only give a certain amount of punishment - he wasn't actually charged with desertion, which would have been at a minimum a year in the brig or worse. Desertion charges can be applied after 30 days if AWOL. (That is why most AWOLs return around day 29 - I had a colleague do that - he lost rank and was fined half a month's pay)

@Beowulfsfriend She was still a human being.

@barjoe I agree. Until that, I thought Kenya was more civilized than other African nations. Somalia asked us to stop by. I was tasked with making an unbiased report on visit there. I didn't need to be biased as I knew the CO wouldn't pull in there after the facts I dug up at the time, 1980/81. That said, after I left the ship, friends told me about visiting Pakistan (that was a political order for flag showing from DC). One friend wrote and told me, "Not sure why we went there, except to refill the boat with drugs (illegal ones)."

The man is a twit. Easily led astray by his ego.

Extract:
"He described the leaker as a young, charismatic gun enthusiast in his early to mid-20s who works at an unnamed military base.
The Post reported that the man was the leader of a Discord chat room including roughly two dozen members who swapped "memes, offensive jokes and idle chitchat" and prayed and watched movies together."

A gun nut that prays becomes a traitor to his country. Geeee, I never would have guessed....

I can say it here. He needs to be Court Martialed for treason. The penalty for that can be...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.