Agnostic.com

51 7

Is it better to legalize prostitution or keep it illegal

I find prostitution to be distasteful, but I think it is better for the health of society to make it legal.

• 138 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 3 votes
paul1967 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't understand why a man would go to a prostitute, but I think he should have a right to do so.

I agree 100% on both points.

The oldest living profession has and will always be around. Europe does very nicely with it and the crime rate is way down as far as sex crimes and other pent up episodes. I know some people who refer to Marriage as being legal prostitution. I always liked the expression "He doesn't get laid, he gets fucked." Think about it.

Anything illegal is susceptible to crime. The "war on drugs" is a great example of how illegality has corrupted enforcers, endangered the general population, and increased the supply and cost.
People want to fuck without commitment. How is that wrong?
Currently human-trafficking is mostly about sex.
Law enforcers should be focused on those activities that really are the most immoral. Taking drugs, having sex,... are not immoral, just illegal.
Driving while intoxicated is immoral. Abducting girls for sex and for forced marriage is immoral.

I think it should be legal.

Sex workers get equal rights

We are so far behind other countries on this. Legalize it!

Seems we now have pissed off white male virgins terrerost. This may help less the less radical pissed off virgins

Make it legal. Stop the hypocricy.

Legalize

As someone who believes in individual liberty, I say it should be legal, and let adults make decisions for themselves.

Honestly, why hasn't this happened already? Too many people making lots of money this way, on both sides of the fence, and we all know who is getting screwed. Would legalizing help? It would help some folks.

1. I thought it was already legal? Congress is already prostituting themselves.

2. like the no vote choice.

3. Legalize it for safety. Everyone's safety: sex workers, johns, police, brothers, etc.

The Greeks and Romans had it right: service in the name of Aphrodite served the state.

RichE Level 5 May 2, 2018

It's just commerce. If someone wants anonymous sex without any entanglements, and another person has that to offer, why not allow two consenting adults to make the transactional exchange? If there's no law preventing them from having sex without a contract, then why should we interfere if they decide to monetize it? While I find the idea distasteful for myself, I've never cared to tell another adult what to do.

Legalise it, regulate it, tax the shit out of it like everything else.

oops hit wrong button, thought it said, keep it legal, as it is legal here to some extent.

Prostitution is legal in areas of Nevada. Also has a trade in Amsterdam as well. In Nevada, this allows protection of both the lady and her client. In terms of disease, assault, etc. When we make this illegal, we push this trade into the hands of those who care about neither. Making prostitution like drugs illegal hasn't ended the illegal trade. It just punishes those who seek it out or participate in it on both sides. Individual morality is a choice and isnt a crime just because it may differ from anothers.

No Vote, a tough, toxic subject. Is prostitution needed? Eliminate the pimp and I will consider. No user and I did 20 years in the Navy. My concern/question is purpose.

Legalise.

Coldo Level 8 May 3, 2018

It’s been around forever and we’re not going to stop it so why should it be illegal. What 2 consenting adults do when it comes to sex shouldn’t be any of the governments bussiness.

It is an honorable profession & making it legal will provide proper health care for everyone. There needs to be a red light district for everyones safety too. It becomes a job with taxes that are a part of the system.

Distasteful ... I guess this term can easily be applied to many situations. I am pretty sure that the vast majority of meat eaters would describe the atmosphere in a slaughterhouse as distasteful. The effects of war are distasteful as is the situation of millions of people around the world who barely survive scouring through piles of garbage. Many job are distasteful.
As I child I felt anally violated, and literally was, when my mother pushed a suppository up my tiny butthole. Luckily I was usually anally retentive enough to keep it. Well it was for health reasons.
Just the way you think of the distasteful activity of prostitution.
Honestly I am baffled by this juxtaposition.
I know of many jobs that are even more "distasteful" than prostituion. Actually every paid work is a form of prostituion. Why does it matter so much what part of one's body one uses to generate an income?
Increasingly the states rely on mercenaries to do the dirty killing on their behalf ... That is not just distasteful but frankly disgusting.

Should prostitution envolving silicon dolls be declared illegal?

[news.com.au]

All relationships are transactional. People trade sex for power, money, influence, security, ego and, in the best situations, for genuine love. Love makes sex much more intimate and enjoyable. Prostitution is facilitated masturbation.

To my way of thinking, Melania Trump sold her body to a disgusting old bastard incapable of loyalty or honestly. Yeah, she did it for money.

Should prostitution be legal? Why not?

If there is someone providing a service, and someone willing to pay for that service, I think a free market economy should allow it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.